Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questioning

Options
  • 28-03-2009 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hm,
    Someone started liking me, I cottoned on after way too long, they kissed me after a few weeks of seeing each other, maybe a matter of months, not sure. I really only saw it as a friends thing until I realised from the way they'd look at me, hold my hand...
    So I started liking them back.
    After them kissing me, about a week passed, I was incredibly shy and unsure, so didn't get round to kissing them back. Things were electric though, sometimes awkward with my aggrivating shyness.
    But they liked that.
    Though after that week I was told by them that they were going out with someone else.
    It tore me in two.
    My feelings had grown really strong, a few months have passed and I still can't get them off my mind.
    They are a bit confused and want some time on their own for the time being, it's incredibly difficult and i get lost, confused by the way they act around me, troubled, wondering what's really on their mind, what's really eating at them, what I can do, at all, to help.
    Help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I think it's possible that the other person is in love with you too. There will be occasional threads from time to time in PI about 'is it possible to be in love with two people at once' type thing. I'd say your situation falls into this category.

If this other person has given loyalty/ commitment to another, I think the healthy thing is really try to move on and find someone else who can love you and commit to you. It can be very hard when there is a mutual affection and I'm sure it feels like you have to walk away from something potentially very special but you really must look after #1 in this situation, IMO.

Advertisement