Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian girl burned alive in honour killing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

positron wrote: »

And oh, your first link is someone's 8th grade school project! :D

If it's good enough to invade Iraq it's good enough for After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

f*cking horrible horrible disgusting act. this type of thing seriously sickens me as do some of the comments on here. "religion" in some countries is appalling and this happens day in day out all over the world, except we dont here about it most times. ive been in some of these countries in the past 12 months and am visiting 3 more of them in the near future perhaps. makes me sick.

also,its frightening to know that some of these people are living in the "1st" world intent on causing harm, cos of their religious beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Poor girl, but this one looks different to the ones that were carried out in the UK in recent years. The men who did it were not relations, but neighbours? Those 4 men now probably have the whole neighbourhood under their strict rules :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm sure there was a post on an Indian message board about the scissor sisters when all that shít went off.

As least the police are actively looking for the murderers, unlike some fúcking countries where it's the police who are the culprits.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

And yet, I know which I want to live in.

Free fanjita flashes ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

There was a programme on this the other night, except in turkey, the reporter was only in turkey for 2 weeks and the media reported 30 honour killings?!

And since turkey is trying to enter the EU they have to be seen as cracking down on it, so families are making them look like suicides now.

Messed up ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I heard she was just an old flame to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

I gave you a thanks for that because nobody else is going to.

http://tinyurl.com/5qetre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Luisella

Honour killing is catholic too. We have it in Sicily, and by law honour killing was considered an extenuating circumstance, until as late as... 1981! The abolition of that law was a due civility step for Italy. Another much due civility step? Legalize women's right to abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Luisella wrote: »
    Another much due civility step? Legalize women's right to abortion.

I'm going to stop you right there. We don't need another abortion thread.

How about that recession?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

http://www.breakingnews.ie/World/eyaumhsnojcw/rss2/

This disgraceful case highlights the barbaric conditions that prevade some countries, with honour killings and the lack of marshmellows being a factor in daily life.

No it actually highlights the stupidity of religion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

No, it highlights the stupidity of distortionism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Best so far :D

Man it sure is rough for people with vaginas in some muslim and hindu societies. Give them a break ffs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Who needs honour killings when you have the Magdalene sisters?

Yes, and furthermore that religion gives a noble frame to aberrant behaviors. Like condemning the use of condoms, which results in an increase in the spread of aids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Stevecw wrote: »
    Horrible story, the poor girl:(....but should Vijay not focus a bit more on the golf. Masters is coming up in a couple of weeks & dealing with stuff like this can't be helping him.

lol I thought that exact thing also! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

she offered me honour, i honoured her offer, and all night long i was on her and off her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

That reminds me. I think Ive some leftovers in the fridge..

/wanders to kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Jakkass wrote: »
    No, it highlights the stupidity of distortionism.

:pac:

Yes, and furthermore that religion gives a noble frame to aberrant behaviors. Like condemning the use of condoms, which results in an increase in the spread of aids.

Read:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2009/mar/18/aids-pope-africa-condoms

No, the Pope isn't causing AIDS to be spread by this at all. If people really cared about the Papal ruling on condoms, wouldn't they also care for the papal ruling on premarital sex?

N.B I'm not a Catholic, but I agree with the Pope on this one, with the exception of banning condoms for sex within marriage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

And yet, I know which I want to live in.

Me too. So do they...
    Well it makes one think that while the Temple Bar thing is disgusting, these girls showing their bits while lying in their vomit are indeed very civilised - when compared with these murderous barbarians of this poor girl in India.
    I'd rather raise my children in the middle of Temple Bar than set foot in a place where people readily murder their children to keep up some twisted honour code. I'll take my chances here any day.

The girl in temple bar acts like a dog. We are no more civilised than them. It's a perception that most in the west have, we are civilised while those in the east are barbaric... it's bullshi!t.

Read:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2009/mar/18/aids-pope-africa-condoms

No, the Pope isn't causing AIDS to be spread by this at all. If people really cared about the Papal ruling on condoms, wouldn't they also care for the papal ruling on premarital sex?

N.B I'm not a Catholic, but I agree with the Pope on this one, with the exception of banning condoms for sex within marriage.

Look at the author of that article, he is full of crap: "Austen Ivereigh is a Roman Catholic journalist, commentator and campaigner. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austen_Ivereigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 pinnyoshea

We are no more civilised than them. It's a perception that most in the west have, we are civilised while those in the east are barbaric... it's bullshi!t.
    I agree 100%. We dont have the best record with religous persecution ourselves and Im not talking long ago either. I think one poster mentioned the magdalene laundries, christian brothers etc.

Im not inocent of having bad perceptions of eastern cultures. Before I became good friends with an indian guy I had a similar opinion myself. Through many long conversations with him about the differences and similarities btwn our cultures that has changed somewhat. Im going to try keep a more open mind in future.

Have to say hearing of attrocities like this doesnt help but cant tar a nation with the one brush

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Reminds me of the book "the bookseller of kabul", except worse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

f**king sick, thank god i'm Irish and a Catholic

Look at the author of that article, he is full of crap: "Austen Ivereigh is a Roman Catholic journalist, commentator and campaigner. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austen_Ivereigh

How ignorant? Just because an article is written by a Roman Catholic it's a reason to dismiss any explanation that is given?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 boards.

Poor Girl. Burnt to death. Terrible :(

RIP Poor Lil Girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

How ignorant? Just because an article is written by a Roman Catholic it's a reason to dismiss any explanation that is given?
    Of course.

Don't you know that black people never mention slavery, and that there are no Jewish Holocaust scholers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Big Wave

The OP wrote:
    The four men then beat her, doused her with kerosene and set her on fire.
    Temple bar, between 1 and 4 on a friday or saturday night. Girl in mini skirt lying down, for all to see her bits, in her own vomit.

How the fook are these even comparable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Honour killings are strictly a Muslim thing?

Hardly, it happens with Hindu's and Seikhs too.

Advertisement