Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 customer receiving text from 3?

• 28-03-2009 2:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I received a text today from 3Alerts about signing up to one of their packages- even though i am with O2.
    Anyone else with O2 on here receive the same message?

Are phone companys allowed to do this? It seems a bit like spam to me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭chasm

Ive never been with 3 so i surely i shouldnt be on their database in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

chasm wrote: »
    Ive never been with 3 so i surely i shouldnt be on their database in the first place?

Just curios, did it say " to stop the msg please go to My3" ?? :p

Im not sure how are you meant to get into My3 if your not a customer,,maybe three dont know that you need to be a customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

That happened to me after I ported away from 3. I called and explained the situation and the agent told me to go to my3 on my handset. I don't think she quite understood the situation :P

That's not what's happening to you though since you've never been on the network. Technically it is illegal but they're not trying to spam you, it's just a glitch.

I'm afraid you'll have to call them and ask them to remove you. The number is 1913 or 0833333333

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    That happened to me after I ported away from 3. I called and explained the situation and the agent told me to go to my3 on my handset. I don't think she quite understood the situation :P

My point exactly :pac:

• Advertisement

Yes it did say go to my3!
    Actually they said 2stopMsgsGo2My3- Found that quite funny as the rest of the message is written in proper english not text speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Deadzone

Got it as well and I'm Vodafone...

Anyone got an email address for them, as im not having any luck on their phone numbers- probably because im not a customer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Anyone got an email address for them, as im not having any luck on their phone numbers- probably because im not a customer!

They have a contact form on their website here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You will get through on both numbers sam provided if you are a customer or not. Try 1913 first though as its free.

• Advertisement

Walkman wrote: »
    You will get through on both numbers sam provided if you are a customer or not. Try 1913 first though as its free.

Tried that number and got the following choices :
    1 monthly contract
    2 mobile BB
    3 Info on BB scheme
    4 3pay customer
    5 Business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Tried that number and got the following choices :
    1 monthly contract
    2 mobile BB
    3 Info on BB scheme
    4 3pay customer
    5 Business

Just pick one. They'll transfer you to the right person

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Just pick one. They'll transfer you to the right person

You're optimistic !

They'll transfer the OP to a person - whether it's the right person will be a matter for the gods...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

parsi wrote: »
    You're optimistic !

They'll transfer the OP to a person - whether it's the right person will be a matter for the gods...

The will not transfere the OP to anyone, if the OP is accidently on some outbount text list by error they will simply remove the number

Advertisement