Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How man hours do you sleep for ?

Options
  • 28-03-2009 3:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

hey everyone

Bit of odd one but im curious to see, how many hours a night do you sleep ?
    I my self need 6 hours maxium a night 7 days a week i operate best with that amount of sleep how about you ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I'm a lazy bastaad and will often sleep for about 10 hours if I don;t have to be up for anything. Wouldn't be able to function on 6 hours I doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

During the working week I normally go to sleep around 12 and set my alarm for 7. Usually press snooze for around 40 mins before I actually stumble bleary eyed and confused from bed.

Usually get up between 10-11 at weekends

I love sleeping I do!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I like a solid 10 hours generally. When no-one else is involved, I'd generally go to bed at about midnight and wake up at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

6 or 7 hours each week night, make up for it on weekends and sleep for 12 hours (at least) on Sat/Sun

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

7 hours is enough to refresh you for a day, but it's possible to survive on 6

If I oversleep I tend to feel more tired/sluggish and if I oversleep I get a headache in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

6 hours yeah deffenatly

simply because any more for me I wake up with bright red blood shot eyes and groggy as hell, i dont smoke drugs or drink very much alchaol, my dads the same hes 64 now and sleeps 8 hours if even ..

I think it sdepends on people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I need about 9 hours sleep to function right.
    Much more or less and I'm groggy for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

8 to 10 hours, cos I've got SAD I've slept for 12 to 14 hours a night on a regular basis in the winter.

Me mother says I'm sleeping my brains out.

yuh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

7 hours is enough to refresh you for a day, but it's possible to survive on 6

If I oversleep I tend to feel more tired/sluggish and if I oversleep I get a headache in the morning!

Ye that happens to me too. I read somewhere that sleeping too much is actually bad for you...and this is the proof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 trickymickey

6 max its all i can do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Max I can do is probably 8 hours.
    But my average consecutive sleep is about 2hrs. I get bouts of insomnia or just very bad pattern of sleep.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I love the bed, would sleep 12 hours in a night no bother to me, during the week of course :D weekend is different story..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Otaku Girl

Not enough,and when I do wake that's it,I can't go back to sleep again.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

I could easily sleep for about 14 hours on the weekend. Weekdays I seem to get about 7hours, but need more. So I tell myself I am catching up on weekends!

Bit of a sleep addict I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tattoodublin

:( I wish i could sleep more :eek: i have pretty crazy dreams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Oh i love sleep, could sleep for up to 14 hours. Usually between 8 and 12 though. I work in a bar so my sleeping patterns are well messed up. Usual bedtime 4 or 5 am and wake up these days between 11am and 1 pm. Couldnt function on anything less than 7 , i have done but damn its tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I average about 5 1/2 hours a night which is nowhere near enough. Sadly my body clock seems to have adjusted somewhat to this, so I'm normally wide awake until 2-3am, needing to be up at 8.30 for work. Make up for it a little at the wknd, but doesn't help much when liquor is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Eh not enough, I seem to wake when it gets bright outside. Thats why I love the winter, hate it for everything else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Four or five hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 stbalaji2u

i sleep at 2 am at night and sleep till morning 9am. so 6 to 7 hours a day.. but i have sleep problems sometimes which reduces to 3 hours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Avoiding Work

I usually get 7/8 hours sleep a night but by 4pm am yawning my head off & can only think of crawling back into the bed for a power nap after work!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 flibbertyjibbet

Between 7 and 9 hours a night, but sometimes i go through phazes of craving a nap during the day and if i am sitting at home during these phazes i will drift off for an hour or two!

Advertisement