Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveltowork

Options
  • 28-03-2009 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Has anyone used Traveltowork to open a bank account before arriving in Australia? Was it useful or a ripoff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

missannik wrote: »
    Has anyone used Traveltowork to open a bank account before arriving in Australia? Was it useful or a ripoff?

Anyone who charges you anything to open an account in Australia is ripping you off.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Yea I wouldn't bother with them. I opened a Commonwelath account online before I arrived, sent money over ahead of me and just had to pick up my atm card at the branch when I arrived.

https://www1.commbank.com.au/eforms/easyapp/DepositAccounts.aspx?it=new

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Most Australian banks will allow you open a current account within I think it's two weeks of landing in the country, without a permanent address, as long as you bring your passport. They don't charge for it, so don't bother paying someone to do it for you before you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭missannik

Cheers for the advice guys. :) Unfortunately I'm do the reverse (going to Ireland from Australia) and it doesn't seem that Irish Banks let you apply online before arriving... looks like I'll have no choice but to wait till I arrive and hope that opening an account will be quick.

Advertisement