Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a shower installer

• 28-03-2009 4:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend someone to install an electric shower in the Waterford area?

We already have a shower in the en suite that came with the house, but looking to get a shower installed in the main bathroom as well.

Any ideas how much it will cost?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i think there is some kind of regulation about having a couple of electric showers running together. the only way to do it is set it up so that if you switch one on the other cuts out. something about the draw on the electricity.
    i was thinking of getting the same job done before, and what was recommended to me was to run the second shower from the hot water tank and just set the boiler to heat the water before getting up in the morning.
    don't know if thats any help, maybe have a chat with an electrician/plumber

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭aws

yep need a shower change over switch costs bout 230-250 + installation. Also cost of plumber and cost of shower prob T90 or some thing costs 250 - 270 ish . Id say you would be looking at around 700-800ish including plumber,electrician and materials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Anon0000

Judging from experience your best option for this is to install a "power shower" which is the one run off the hot water tank.In any new houses including my own the ensuite for some reason always has the electric shower - strange i thought but sure howsever. Two electric showers wont work without a selector switch because it will overload the circuit. The idea of a selector switch is to give one shower priority over another-bit pointless getting the second electric shower if you ask me,can only use one of them at a time really which kind of defeats the purpose!!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

i got Pat Malone from the Yellow pages to do my shower he done a top job , he lives in Avondale can PM a number , he does plumbing himself too as far as i can remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

I was aware of the need for a shower priority/selector switch, I just didn't think it would cost as much as 'aws' claims!

The reason for wanting the second shower in the main bathroom is because the person whose en suite the existing shower is in does shift work, so I wouldn't have to disturb them if I wanted to use the shower while they were sleeping.

Thanks for the recommendations I received in thread and via PM. I will bear them in mind if/when I have the funds for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭twitch1984

I am a fully qualified electrician and can also do the plumbing myself and would b able 2 do it PROPERLY alot cheaper than the price being suggested pm me for more details

Advertisement