Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roches Point C&C please

• 28-03-2009 7:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭

Any comments on these?
    The blown out parts of the lighthouse are annoying me. Any ideas on how to fix?

[IMG][/img]A83F53AECFB740259DAAACCDEAA3F987-800.jpg

[IMG][/img]72C73B3E32D241B7BF3BE3B468014562-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Probably a bit cheeky to comment as I haven't posted here for a year or more, but maybe just try a quicker shutter. It looks slighly over exposed overall. I would suggest taking your metering from the lighthouse, but in the second photo, the perspective shows you're using a zoom and are probably too far away to do that. Tbh, it's very hard to expose white properly in bright sunshine. Actually, I'd change the white balance to cloudy to warm it up a bit. Looks like too much of a blue tinge, even for winter sunlight.
    The second one is nicely composed. Nice shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

They look way to blueish to me. Maybe you could lower that to give it more contrast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

A Bit like this, it's not perfect, just messed with the colour balance. Hope you don't mind. Excellent shot though.

75864.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

Ye mine looked very bluey alright.
    Yours looks much better, colours (like the greens) show much better and the bluey haze is gone.
    I had another stab at it myself.
    I would really like to try and fix up the over exposed whites of the lighthouse and the ship. Is this even possible?

[IMG][/img]7B16C784018A46D6B78C9E981B4D8040-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

zdooldreb wrote: »
    Ye mine looked very bluey alright.

I would really like to try and fix up the over exposed whites of the lighthouse and the ship. Is this even possible?

You'll have much more chance if you shot originally in RAW, if not you could try burning it in a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

Cool thanks.
    I had a quick go off it but I didnt do a great job. Im not going 2 post da photo again but its on pix.ie if anyone wants to look at it.

Advertisement