Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pompey

• 28-03-2009 11:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I'm yet to meet a fellow pompey supporter in Ireland. Anyone out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Fratton Fred

Name should be a dead giveaway...;)

Haven't seem him post here in a while though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Haven't seem him post here in a while though.

shame. cracking poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Last time i was over in Fratton was when Adams got the sack and sky news were waiting outside the official pompey shop. Ended up being on sky news talking about it. Looked like a proper spastic!

Weird though, anyone i talk to they say your the 1st pompey supporter ive met. Are we a dying breed? hmmm.

haha if i started a Pompey fc/gossip, rumours, news thread, I would be the only one posting in it. For shame. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

it could be your blog! ;)

• Advertisement

haha ya that's an idea alrite mate! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    Last time i was over in Fratton was when Adams got the sack and sky news were waiting outside the official pompey shop. Ended up being on sky news talking about it. Looked like a proper spastic!

john-portsmouth-football-club-westwood.jpg

Just cover up a bit next time mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    I'm yet to meet a fellow pompey supporter in Ireland. Anyone out there?

That makes 2 of us in total i think. Never have I felt as alone as watching last years FA cup final in the pub. It was me and 2 aul lads who were watching horse racing on the other tv... :eek: That said, Pompey are only my "premiership team", I'm a bohs fan really, since i've never been to portsmouth, and go to dalymount every other friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

simonw wrote: »
    That makes 2 of us in total i think. Never have I felt as alone as watching last years FA cup final in the pub. It was me and 2 aul lads who were watching horse racing on the other tv... :eek: That said, Pompey are only my "premiership team", I'm a bohs fan really, since i've never been to portsmouth, and go to dalymount every friday.

Even when they're playing away from home? That is dedication.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

DSB wrote: »

haha, smart arse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

DSB wrote: »

I lol'd

Saw a rumour somewhere in the last week or so that Pompey are for sale for £35m Financially they look to be in massive trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Jesus,

We can charter our own plane for home matches now. Well, a cessna anyway.

We could even start our own pompey rumours thread, or evan a hosted forum, hell we could even go for Pompey.ie :D

We just need to convert Mr Joe Soap and we're away:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

I worked in Portsmouth for a little while and the job was reasonably involoved with the team so met a few players.

I was on the common to see them win the FA Cup last year and always keep an eye out for their results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

population wrote: »
    I worked in Portsmouth for a little while and the job was reasonably involoved with the team so met a few players.

I was on the common to see them win the FA Cup last year and always keep an eye out for their results.

Tones, is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

I quite like Pompey. There's something honest about them. They're good to cheer on against the bloated superclubs and their assorted daytrippers and glory hunters. And they beat Everton just there, which is no bad thing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Charlie wrote: »
    Tones, is that you?

Ha ha

How did you guess:D

All my mates are manu and liverpool fans, they all say that they like to see pompey win because something honest about them. Bit odd that people think that

SectionF wrote: »
    I quite like Pompey. There's something honest about them. They're good to cheer on against the bloated superclubs and their assorted daytrippers and glory hunters. And they beat Everton just there, which is no bad thing either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I think what people like about pompey, is that they are a good old, almost old fashioned football club. I think we are kind of an upmarket "Crazy Gang" but with a lot more fans.

The majority of home fans walk to the ground as they are locals, how many premiership tems can claim that? The fans love players who work hard and if a player gives 100% effort week in week out but is still rubbish, they will gain cult status among the fans rather than jeering or booing like some clubs.

I think because we have had so many really hard times over the past few years (We have just avoided receivership three times since I have been following Pompey, over 30 years) that the good times we are experiencing now are not lost on anyone.

No glory hunters, no prawn sandwiches, just normal honest football fans.

Advertisement