Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

latest info on strike

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 crashers

I was in the library when it started and my god those drums were really annoying and could clearly be heard from inside... went out for a quick look and I would say at most there was about 70 people there... and as for the chalk surely they wouldnt really be allowed to do that otherwise wouldnt societies draw all over ucd advertising events?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

You'd get more people to a party than were at that protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

File Pictures from the protest outside of the Newman building

76373.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Did anyone read the Tribune article? UNIVERSITY LOCKDOWN. "Over 400 students attended the lakeside rally" accompanied by a picture of... 100, 120 people, maximum. Maybe the rest of them were behind the camera... or in the lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I was talking to a UCD student yesterday who was genuinely shocked to hear that there had been a protest by the lake...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

So, (supposedly) ~10% of the ~25% of the people who voted in favour of the strike showed up to the protest.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Raphael wrote: »
    So, (supposedly) ~10% of the ~25% of the people who voted in favour of the strike showed up to the protest.

Nice.
    At the absolute most yes. Batt must be quaking in his boots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Kat Slater

Had to laugh at the SU propaganda in the Tribune this week. "It is estimated that half of students on campus did close down education for the day", and there's a quote from Dan O Neill calling it a success.

Do they think we were born yesterday?!?!

Advertisement