Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potholes on Rathoath Road

Options
  • 28-03-2009 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hey people just to let you know the awful potholes on the rathoath road is being fixed at the moment.Now I dont know what type of job is being done but they have been there since early:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

When are they starting on the rest of the city?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yeah road closed 8am - 6pm saturday and sunday

kinda think they should have told the residence but it is about time, it was so bad

i hope they have solved the running water problem or else the new road is just going to wash away again

was on to dcc yesterday for about an hour finding out what was going on but no-one knew anything about it

i got caught out at 8am trying to get to college:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

They've had signs up for over a few days before it went ahead pink fluffy bunny.

As you said though, they need to sort out the issues with the mini river that runs down it but unless they build a wall at the bottom of those newly built houses on the hill and put a proper drain at the bottom it will continue to drain onto the road from the hill.

I hope they finally do a decent job of it though as it has to be the worse road in Dublin, I'll find out this evening on the way home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The fcuckin potholes all over the shop are a disgrace.
    There's loads on wellmount road and a few outside tesco that'd take the hubcaps off your car.
    It looks like really bad quality tarmac or something.

Jip wrote: »
    They've had signs up for over a few days before it went ahead pink fluffy bunny.

may be they did but the signs were no where near my house. i live on the ratoath road, i only noticed it on friday evening, when i was driving back from town.

and the ratoath road is huge, it didnt say from where to where. if i got the bus to work on friday as normal i would have never seen that sign and i would have got up on saturday and found i couldnt get out of my driveway and missed my exam in college - a bit of information for the locals really wouldnt have gone astray.

i was up that way last night, they dont appear to have done anything in the last two days IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

They've levelled out all the bumps and potholes(most anyway) and actually did a proper job of sealing the new layer of tarmac. They must of got tons of claims over them(including mine!)

Its half done so expect them back next weekend i 'd say to finish it off as there is a sign up saying 'Temporary Surface'.

I would hope it's temporary as it's like a patchwork quilt at the moment. They really need a full additional layer on top of what they've done. Plus it's still pretty wet from the water flowing from the hill at the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Hi apprently the work will be going on for the next 3/4 weekends.:)

It seems finished now. Every nook and cranny is smoothed over, a total resurfacing job.

A good job too imho. Question is why couldn't they do that in the first place instead of sending a man around in a tractor for years?

It would of saved the council a fortune in claims!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Duk

There are a couple of things still wrong.

1. The drainage hasn't been sorted which means flooding and the potholes in this area will probably be back in no time. The lowest part of the dip had huge puddles again last night.

2. The drains that are on the road were not brought up to the level of the tarmac (the ones I noticed were again in the middle stretch on the left going towards Cabra). If you hit these it’s as good as hitting a pothole.

3. The edging hasn't been finished and with the course of time and rain it'll break up.

Don't get me wrong, Its miles better than it was but I really hope they are not finished. Imho its worth doing the job right first time, or else we'll be back to square one in a few years time.

• Advertisement

they were supposed to be working from 8am - 6pm saturday and sunday

but they packed up at 2.30pm on saturday

now they were working when i left at 8.30am on sunday but were gone when i got back at around 4pm

i wonder do they get the overtime to 6pm even though they were gone to watch the footie ?:rolleyes:

Maybe they'll come back and finish off the drainage then?

There hardly wasnt any water on it this morning hence the mirage of it been completely finished :)

they were supposed to be working from 8am - 6pm saturday and sunday

but they packed up at 2.30pm on saturday

Noticed that myself, went by at around 11 and the road was closed but when I went by again at 3 they were all gone. Maybe they popped off early for the Grand National.

Advertisement