Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New lawn, any tips?

Options
  • 28-03-2009 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just waiting to close on a new house. It has a south facing rear garden which has been seeded about a month ago.
    Is there anything I can do to help get a nice lawn, should I put more seed on it?
    Water it more or not?

I was at the site about a week ago and the grass has started to grow in some areas.

Thanks,
    Neil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Neilw wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just waiting to close on a new house. It has a south facing rear garden which has been seeded about a month ago.
    Is there anything I can do to help get a nice lawn, should I put more seed on it?
    Water it more or not?

I was at the site about a week ago and the grass has started to grow in some areas.

Thanks,
    Neil.

Neil,

Unless you know for certain the area has been well prepared, I would suggest you would probably be better off to spray the area to kill everything, and after 10-14 days dig the area to remove 'buried crap' and then re-seed.

Advertisement