Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for moving bulky stuff from Irl to Oz ?

Options
  • 28-03-2009 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Im quite likely to make the move here permanently when I return from a visit to Ireland in Sept.

I am planning to move all our possessions over. Heavy gear, Records, guitars, Hi Fi gear, Artwork, CDs, some token cold weather gear :D and anything else worth having, that I miss.

Anyone one shipped stuff ?

How does it work, especially with fragiole stuff like Pictures etc....

How loing does it take ?

Ill try some cold call Google searches bt its good to get some real feed back.

cheers
    DM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

Hi

Yes, I did this 3 or so years ago. I basically moved all my 'worldly possessions' from Dublin to Melbourne. Books, CD's, household goods, clothes, etc etc...
    After a lot of research I went with and found these guys fantastic:

http://www.crownrelo.com/web/relo.nsf/index.htm

I worked out how many boxes in what size etc. (which they supply) we would need and they came one appointed afternoon and collected them, they also on the same day individually packed delicate items for me like artwork and such in my apt and I was blown away at the care they took. They were in an out in less than an hour and honestly, I'd give their service 10 out of 10.

All in all I shipped I think about 8-10 'tea chest' size boxes and then some separate frames pictures and small items of furniture like a small chair and table etc... Cost in total about 1400 euro including insurance and took about 6 weeks door to door.

I've recommended them to two other Irish mates since who used them to move out here and they too found them brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

We sent 30kg from Dublin to Wellington before we moved.

We used this company http://www.shippingpersonaleffects.com/contact.html.

It was actually recommended to me by someone on boards and they were excellent. Couldn't recommend them highly enough. Delivered boxes to the house - we filled them and then they were collected and wrapped up properly. He also made sure we had all the customs forms filled out correctly. It was a breeze.

It was about €300 to send the 30kg.

One thing though - you need an address to send it to in Oz (well we did for NZ). Even if you are collecting it from the airport (which we need) - it's for customs reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Hey guys, quick question.

I have to ship my guitar, amp, playstation etc home to Ireland from oz and was wondering do you lot know if i will have to pay customs tax etc on this stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Suza

Hey Brendansmith
    Try Sevenseas, all costs are included in the quote they give you. We have used them 3 times and found them reliable and reasonable. www.sevenseasworldwide.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Suza wrote: »
    Hey Brendansmith
    Try Sevenseas, all costs are included in the quote they give you. We have used them 3 times and found them reliable and reasonable. www.sevenseasworldwide.com

Yeah thats the company im using and they are very reasonable. Alot less than any other company i have asked.

But they said that the duty and vat are not included.

• Advertisement
Advertisement