Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 3G Application problem.

Options
  • 28-03-2009 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭

Hi guys and gals.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.
    I'm using an iphone 3G with the latest firmware and when I turn the phone off and back on my installed applications ie: fring and eirtext don't work.
    I go to launch the app and it tries to open but then the phone returns to the home screen.
    Anyone else have this problem ? any fixes out there ......

Apologies in advance if this has been posted in the past.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭CivilEx

tallus wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.
    I'm using an iphone 3G with the latest firmware and when I turn the phone off and back on my installed applications ie: fring and eirtext don't work.
    I go to launch the app and it tries to open but then the phone returns to the home screen.
    Anyone else have this problem ? any fixes out there ......

Apologies in advance if this has been posted in the past.
    A few things to try..
    - Check the App store to see if there are any updates
    - If this fails, delete the App and re-download / install
    - Try a reset of the phone (hold sleep / wake and home buttons for 10 secs).

Generally once an App stops working for me, some combination of the above works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Thanks CivilEx,

I had previously installed the apps over wifi straight to the phone.
    I deleted them earlier and reinstalled them using itunes and they are working fine now.
    Apparently it has happened to a lot of people.

Advertisement