Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aolynk Dr814q router and DDNS problem. (Smart)

Options
  • 28-03-2009 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

I have a smart router it is an Aolynk Dr814q and I use (dynamic) DDNS to access an FTP server in my house. The router accepts my DDNS settings and I can access my FTP server remotly. So the DDNS settings in the router are ok.

The problem is if there is a power interuption the DDNS in the router does not update and displays an unknown failure.

When I click the try again button (or what ever it is) it comes back successful.

The problem is that if I am away from the house for an extended period I can not access the router or internal network.

I have the latest firmware version on the router.

(I have an application on a PC that also updates the DDNS servers, but when there is a power cut, the PC shuts down and won't reboot, so I can't use this to update either.)

Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

You could change the BIOS setting to restore state so that the PC powers on after a power cut and have the dyndns running as a daemon.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Thanks MC.

I have changed the bios settings to power up the PC.

I also found a windows application that I downloaded TWEAK UI which allows me to get the machine to boot up into the administrators user account on power up. Previously it just presented the list of users and I would not have been there to click on the Admin users icon.

Think I have it sorted, however it would be nice if I could get the router DDNS to work on power up as a backup.

Thanks.

Advertisement