Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

B+W for C & C

• 28-03-2009 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Kinda happy with this. Your thoughts?

3391457643_d35db36f1e.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Its a good shot, exposure and composition looks good to me.

For me though the symmetry is a little off, I like either a straight on view or more much more oblique to stress perspective. This is a few degrees off perpenducular which is neither.

If you can, adios that ball on the wire, so the viewer doesn't spend time figuring out what it is and then try to ignore it.

Were you in a boat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

njburke wrote: »
    Its a good shot, exposure and composition looks good to me.

For me though the symmetry is a little off, I like either a straight on view or more much more oblique to stress perspective. This is a few degrees off perpenducular which is neither.

Were you in a boat?

Yep, on a boat surrounded by alligators! Thanks for comments. So I should rotate it a little to the left maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

The deck of the bridge isn't quite horizonal, it is off a tad but that doesn't really matter so much, by scrolling the picture up in my browser I can see that but if this was a large print on a wall the eye would never register that.

Large predators nearby are always off putting when your're looking through the view finder.

The bridge is an interesting subject, as the deck obviously raises as tall boats go under, so a long exposure shot while the bridge is raising would be interesting, not possible from the boat though.

I just think there are better views of the bridge, A wide angle shot looking up as you approach the bridge, with the little bridge house overhead would be good.
    Did you get any more? if you have other views of the bridge it might be worth putting them up as some may work better than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Technically, the horizon is a little off.

Subjectively, there just isn't anything interesting in this photo beyond the border. What are we supposed to be looking at? There's nothing to catch and drawn the eye in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

Fenster wrote: »
    Subjectively, there just isn't anything interesting in this photo beyond the border. What are we supposed to be looking at? There's nothing to catch and drawn the eye in.

What he said, technically Ok ... but nothing going on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Fenster wrote: »

Well the bridge-house is smack dab in the centre...and the whole thing is nice and symetrical. Oh and I wouldn't have called the border interesting! Ha.

Advertisement