Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic supporters

• 28-03-2009 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Are there any Celtic supporters groups in the Leitrim area? My friend from Scotland is moving over in the next couple of weeks and was wondering if they are any other fans in the area who meet to watch games.
    Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Move to the Rosses area of Donegal or even contact Paddy Sweeney, details below.
    http://www.donegalassoc-csc.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Move to the Rosses area of Donegal or even contact Paddy Sweeney, details below.
    http://www.donegalassoc-csc.net/
    Whats a Donegal resident doing posting in the Leitrim forum :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

From Aughavas but living in Wee Daniel O'D & Enya/Clannad area. If I had an intreast in Soccer I would say Packie Bonner country, or that the first sod for the new Celtic grounds was taken from just over the road.

Nearly 20 years here but will always be an Aughavas man..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

and what in honor of the man aboves (gods son) sons name, took a leitrim man to donegal,i have cousins up there, in st johnston, inver, lahey and ballyshannon and i let them come and see me ,because the last time i went up to donegal it took me a week to drive home out of it,at one point i ended up at a dead end looking out at tory island, looking for a sign for carrick or sligo.
    and i taught i knew every back road in the country from cork right up, on the football and celtic thing the matches would or used to be shown in dunnes bar in carrick ,or maybe even flynns, if they are still open ,i havent drank in ages

i have cousins up there, in st johnston
    I refer that as "the devils country" as Mrs muffler hails from there :D

• Advertisement

there used to be a chip van that used to go around trough the country at night sellen chips around st johnston, does that still take place, brings back memories of hiding in the bushes,smoking with the cousins, and telling the aunties and uncles we were going for a bag of chips.
    i got lost one night at the bus station in lifford aswell, that was scary, and i wouldnt mind i walked passed the cousins car a good few times and he never copd me.

there used to be a chip van that used to go around trough the country at night sellen chips around st johnston, does that still take place
    McCauley's chip van. You probably remember the old guy had either no legs or only 1 leg. Yes indeed it still does the rounds although it would be a son of his who operates it now. He starts around the Coneyburrow in Lifford and proceeds out along Rossgeir, Smokey, Porthall, Carrickmore and ends up in St. Johnston.

that brings back ,happy memories,bring back the late 80s early 90s

Advertisement