Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newtownsmith....

Options
  • 28-03-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

anyone know much about the new shopping centre there??when its opening etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Was in the paper this week, some big retailer opening next month, managers have been hired and staff being recruited at the moment. Don't know who the "big retailer" is though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Believe its called "Born" or something like that. bit of a mishmash of department's, akin to what Roches (Debenhams now) used to be. Something along those lines anyways... I had an idea of sneaking in a CV for a job, then they went and advertised in the local papers...I bet they'll have more applicants than Burger King! Looking for 60+ staff I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Love the sign on one of the windows saying they looking for workers, with the word 'slave' crossed out right beside it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

It ought to be a bit different and exciting from what I heard. ITs an independent retailer 24.000 sq ft. Stocking fresh designer brands for both men and women - as well as gadgets and other stuff and an eating and dining area.

Uber cool type place! Planned to be open in 2 weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    It ought to be a bit different and exciting from what I heard. ITs an independent retailer 24.000 sq ft. Stocking fresh designer brands for both men and women - as well as gadgets and other stuff and an eating and dining area.

Uber cool type place! Planned to be open in 2 weeks!

Pitty that no one will have any money to spend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jasonh

where's newtownsmith?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭scary_tractors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

JohnCleary wrote: »

I don't concur - agreed over spending will be a thing of the past but sheople will always invest in clothing. Yes -it is a luxury but no more than cream cheese or new shoes always do-able! people will look to things they can trust but also IMO flock toward a new exciting enviornment plus- this place offers something interesting and fresh. A haven amongst all rhe doom and gloom - good on them I say!
    Financially viable - not so sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

JohnCleary wrote: »

11% unemployment (and that's based on signees, so includes those on three-day weeks) = 91% employment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

jasonh wrote: »
    where's newtownsmith?

What!!!!!!!!:pac:

Come out of Sally Longs Pub and go left and walk past La Salsa and there is a carpark on your left and "Born" is next.

Advertisement