Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Barber in Castlebar

• 28-03-2009 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Looking for a good haircut in Castlebar.

Who is the best barber?

Does John Phelps live up to his 'World Champion' status?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Hmmmm depends how particular you are about your hair.
    Kelly's Barbers on main street is always in the paper for winning hairdressing awards and isnt too expensive.
    I go into Eamonn's on thomas street myself. Very cheap, and a decent chop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Hmmmm depends how particular you are about your hair.
    Kelly's Barbers on main street is always in the paper for winning hairdressing awards and isnt too expensive.
    I go into Eamonn's on thomas street myself. Very cheap, and a decent chop.

Pretty particular.

I just go for a pretty basic short cut, but I like it to be very neat and precise. Too many cowboys (and girls) out there giving ****ty cuts. Once I find a guy I like I tend to stick with him.

Not bothered by price.

Ah your best bet would be Kelly's so. Just make sure you articulate yourself very clearly, as I found that they often mistake "just take an inch off" with "just leave an inch".
    For a relatively small town, there is quite a large number of barbers so you will have plenty of choice if you find a certain establishment is not to your liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Kelly's Barbers on main street

Kelly's is on Castle Street.

Ah yes, my mistake. Kelly's is indeed on castle street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Ger Staunton's opposite Dunnes Stroes is good, although some of the girls can be quite frosty. I'm not a creep, honest. :pac:

Kelly's is good too. My brother goes there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

K4t wrote: »
    Ger Staunton's opposite Dunnes Stroes is good, although some of the girls can be quite frosty. I'm not a creep, honest. :pac:

Blades opposite Dunnes is a good place.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Svalbard wrote: »
    Does John Phelps live up to his 'World Champion' status?

I never got a cut from Phelps but I did get a haircut in New York from a guy who finished 3rd to him in a competition and the service and quality of the haircut was unreal, therefore I would expect John Phelps to be about the same standard and above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

K4t wrote: »

Sorry, not letting a woman cut my hair again.
    *mono* wrote: »
    I never got a cut from Phelps but I did get a haircut in New York from a guy who finished 3rd to him in a competition and the service and quality of the haircut was unreal, therefore I would expect John Phelps to be about the same standard and above.

Yeah, with the whole 'world champion' bit would have expected him to come out on top, but Kelly's seems to be the fav.

Is Phelps resting on his laurels? Does he even cut hair himself or does he have people employed under his name?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭dozydelilah

Ger Stauntan great barber, but more for sinceable hair cuts. his two sons keith and mike great barbers, kellys castletreet, unless some of the new foreign barbers are good, i,d not rate it. john phelps. v good barber, joe corcoran, newline barbers vgood. donna in larry,s verygood. ok anything else ye need to know?

• Advertisement

Ger Stauntan great barber, but more for sinceable hair cuts. his two sons keith and mike great barbers, kellys castletreet, unless some of the new foreign barbers are good, i,d not rate it. john phelps. v good barber, joe corcoran, newline barbers vgood. donna in larry,s verygood. ok anything else ye need to know?

Ya, what age are you? My 3 year old cousin has better spelling and punctuation!!:eek::D

:P:rolleyes:
    jenno86 wrote: »
    Ya, what age are you? My 3 year old cousin has better spelling and punctuation!!:eek::D
    and you live in the wesht. spelling bee,s were never my thing. :rolleyes:

:P:rolleyes:
    and you live in the wesht. spelling bee,s were never my thing. :rolleyes:

I meant to spell it like that, its spelt phonetically (think thats it anyway).

I think somebody turned your comma key upside down.

an inteligent person is one who will never point out someones mistakes to boost their own ego. maybe theres some sad i have nothing better to do sites you should be on.

What are you on about? You're on a forum site, learn how to spell dumbass.

Wow this is the first bit of excitement Ive seen on the Mayo forum. Keep up the good work.

Wow this is the first bit of excitement Ive seen on the Mayo forum. Keep up the good work.

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

fathertedcarefulnow.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok girls calm down now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Been going to Ger Stauntons for years and am happy out with them there. Its Kieran btw not Keith :)
    I use their appointment service so it suits me to know I am in exactly on time.

Tried Kelly's but found it a little "tight" in there for room :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

*mono* wrote: »

I got my hair cut there a couple of times hes top notch.
    Hes a world champ for a reason.

yop wrote: »
    Been going to Ger Stauntons for years and am happy out with them there. Its Kieran btw not Keith :)
    I use their appointment service so it suits me to know I am in exactly on time.

Tried Kelly's but found it a little "tight" in there for room :)

what a crowd. we have realised i can't spell. ur right though it is Keith.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

what a crowd. we have realised i can't spell. ur right though it is Keith.

Lol, wasn't picking on your spelling :)

Its still Kieran though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kevweed

eamons is a good barber i always go there and he does the cut for a 5er...but i have to say the best thing about his barber is the girls workin der lol:):):)

kevweed wrote: »
    eamons is a good barber i always go there and he does the cut for a 5er...but i have to say the best thing about his barber is the girls workin der lol:):):)

Is that Eamon or Barry?!

;)
    jenno86 wrote: »
    Is that Eamon or Barry?!
    no its defo George!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kevweed

its eamon

Advertisement