Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Re O2 broadband why different speeds?

• 28-03-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

439148501.png

I just tested this on my laptop. Is this speed good?
    Also Oh had it on his laptop and could only get upload of 0.82mb ping of 221 first time and 161 second time and we are both sitting on the couch

We tested within a couple of minutes of one another (in last halfhour) can anyone explain why the difference also some pages I could open would not open for him

thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

439161808.png
    I get this on eircom so its alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Mobile performance is extremely sensitive to how many users there are, including voice calls. Since the maximum realistic number of users is at least 1/10th of cable segment channel or fixed wireless or even 1/100th of a DSL system *AND* the speed varies up to full peak capacity, you can get 100:1 speed variation in a period of 1/2 hour, but real broadband only varies by about 2:1 and only between peak and off peak.

Advertisement