Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People who sell photos to sites

• 28-03-2009 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Well as i've submitted photos to a road racing website,I was afraid to submit photo's which i didn't like,Not sharp enough,slightly out of focus,Dull colours etc etc.(only the ones i was being paid for)

But after browsing other website of the same type,Rally,motorcross,Motorcycle racing the quaility of some shots is quite scary..I look at them and know that they can't be the photographers best image and then it raises the question why would they do this?

They're submitting photos to a site which they are getting paid for and the photos are soft,Out of focus and blurry(shutter is too slow for image type)

It just seems crazy to me cause you're making a bad name for yourself by submitting bad images yet the site still uses them..

Anybody have any opinion on this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Yup, non photographers haven't a fecking clue when it comes to photography. As far as they're concerned, it doesn't matter if you were using a 1DmkIII with 4 grand of lenses, or a 10 quid throw away film camera, so long as they have pictures. Most of them Id say haven't even the first idea of how to know if the image is slightly soft. They will just like the look of it no matter... and use that to represent their site..

Think of bebo/facebook/etc - all photos on nights out, crappy compacts with flash ruining them(you know what i mean) most of the time. Everyone still loves them. Seems unless you know what you're doing, you wont care all that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It would generally depend on what the client wants. Some sites want a particular number of images. So, if you don't have 5 brilliant images, you pick your best to make up the number, even if these are soft.

Of course, some people just submit anything, just to see their name online, beside a photo. "Isn't it great, my image is being used on X website".

Quality can go down, while the quantity of images posted on the topic goes up.

Many of these people are very much hobby photographers, and don't consider it ever being anything more than that.

Advertisement