Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vidic V Stam

• 28-03-2009 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭

At their peak, who do you think is the most reliable defender?

Who would you rather have in your team? 30 votes

Vidic - Eat your children, batter your granny to get to the ball.
    0% 0 votes
    Stam - You won't get by me, I'm Dutch.
    43% 13 votes
    Neither, Prunier all the way.
    56% 17 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Dante

Vidic without a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

At their peak, who do you think is the most reliable defender?

Impossible to answer I reckon as Vidic is most likely not at his peak. Only 27 remember. Maybe between 28-30 he will peak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Stam. No contest.

Says alot about him that he is the only player that Fergie has sold, and later admitted he got it wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

redout wrote: »
    Impossible to answer I reckon as Vidic is most likely not at his peak. Only 27 remember. Maybe between 28-30 he will peak.

A fair point well made

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Stam for me up to this point - Vidic actually has been fairly bad at times this season people have forgotten because of the clean sheets run...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

No point in judging our vidic yet, still some way to go in his career, still think his best is ahead of him.

As for comparing him to Stam, he'll have some way to go to live up to the high profile of the big Dutchman, or match the longevity of Stam's career. Would only be fair to judge them after vidic has had a few more years at the top level of the game.

/edit
    now the two of them together, that i'd liked to of seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

My biggest memory of Stam is the '99 CL Q/F against Inter and Zamarano trying to shove Stam back, then literally bouncing off him. Granted Zamarano wasn't the biggest but still showed how powerful Stam was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd say Stam. At his peak opposition forwards seemed to be seriously intimidated by the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Yeah I'd go with Stam too. Vidic can blow very hot (oh jesus what am I leaving myself open to?) or very cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Hard to compare both different types of defenders I think although both are extremly powerful & have alot of the same attributes. Stam was much better technically . He played at RB at Milan for a while, theres no way I could ever picture Vidic playing as a full back not nearly as good enough as Stam on the ball.

I think Stam vs Ferdinand would be a better comparisonte or Vidic vs Bruce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

lets check out just how far up Vidics hole people are gone over the last few months....

Who is better . . . .

Vidic or Maldini?

Vidic or Mc Grath?

Vidic or Hansen?

get a grip with yas, Stam is in a different galaxy to Vidic.

Advertisement