Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Found:

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Pete fair play to you for looking after the dog and doing what you're doing.

I run a dog site and we have a Lost/Found section. Would you like me to cross-post to there?

Irish microchips are put at the top of the neck/under where the collar would go also, its not just a UK/NI thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pete2009

Thanks Beth. I will def do that tomorrow.

I hope that with the increasing use of the web that awareness of such horrible practices are increased, and vigilance improved...

thanks Beth, best wishes to you
    Beth wrote: »
    Pete fair play to you for looking after the dog and doing what you're doing.

I run a dog site and we have a Lost/Found section. Would you like me to cross-post to there?

Irish microchips are put at the top of the neck/under where the collar would go also, its not just a UK/NI thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Any joy finding the owner Pete?

I am delighted to report that "Lily" was returned to her true owners today.

Lily was "taken" in late October 2008 from Bray County Wicklow.

Lily has fabulous owners who were able to prove beyond all doubt that Lily was theres.

Lily was a birthday present for one the girls, so we are absolutley over the moon that Lily is going home. But we shall miss her of course.

Hopefully this will again prove that we should never give up hope.

"Lily" was taken along with another brown Labradoodle called "Lara" and we shall all increase our vigilance in a bid to get Lara back home too.

Thanks to Eboards.ie for assisting to kick start the search for Lily's owners and thanks to all the members who gave advice and shared the information. Result!!

Thanks Xiney.

Pete

Xiney wrote: »
    Fair play to you for posting this :)

Just a word of warning - there have been several threads about a rogue dog warden in roscommon and sligo, possibly targetting labradors. If someone does contact you regarding her, please try to make sure she belongs to them somehow :)

I've removed your email due to site policy - please use private messaging instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

That is definitely great news Pete!

No need to post it so many times, though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

That's great news pete:)

How did someone from Wicklow hear that their dog was found in Sligo,such a small place:eek:

As Xiney said,once was enough but it's no harm.

The ad was kindly posted by Beth onto other websites, and thats where to connection was made. But it started off here at boards.ie

bobcar61 wrote: »
    That's great new pete:)

How did someone from Wicklow hear that their dog was found in Sligo,such a small place:eek:

As Xiney said,once was enough but it's no harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I wonder if you and the owners would consider going to rte and other media with this story? It might help in the search for the other dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

great news!! Thanks for getting us posted!! result!! hope they find the other dog too! and Thanks to Beth!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lunasa_lady

CONGRATULATIONS ..... well done for tracing the owners :) You are such a kind hearted person taking care of the lovely Lily :):)

• Advertisement

Indeed, that's been looked into at the moment.

Xiney wrote: »
    I wonder if you and the owners would consider going to rte and other media with this story? It might help in the search for the other dog.

Lily was given as a present to the youngest girl in the family for her birthday last year. This year she didnt want anything for her birthday as she said she wanted Lily back...even after all those months missing....then just a couple of days after her birthday her dad traced Lily via websites...magic!

CONGRATULATIONS ..... well done for tracing the owners :) You are such a kind hearted person taking care of the lovely Lily :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Well done, Pete. You are a star!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lunasa_lady

pete2009 wrote: »
    Lily was given as a present to the youngest girl in the family for her birthday last year. This year she didnt want anything for her birthday as she said she wanted Lily back...even after all those months missing....then just a couple of days after her birthday her dad traced Lily via websites...magic!

That's soooo great Pete. :):):).... I've got that feel-good factor now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

That's such a lovely story.
    Well done Pete and well done to Beth too.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Brilliant work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Well done Pete!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Great news Pete. Well done.

Thanks folks, but sure twas nothing more than anyone would do who had half a heart and the ability to home a lost dog.

Lily left a big pair of muddy paw prints on the kitchen window ledge, and I'm not intending to clean them off!

Bye and thanks!

PS: Keep and eye out too for Lilys sister Lara, a cream/brown coloured Labradoodle taken at the same time. About 14 months old, but they look older than that....thanks again

rhonin wrote: »
    Great news Pete. Well done.

pete2009 wrote: »
    Thanks folks, but sure twas nothing more than anyone would do who had half a heart and the ability to home a lost dog.

Lily left a big pair of muddy paw prints on the kitchen window ledge, and I'm not intending to clean them off!

Bye and thanks!

PS: Keep and eye out too for Lilys sister Lara, a cream/brown coloured Labradoodle taken at the same time. About 14 months old, but they look older than that....thanks again

A photo of lara would be great, then we can all look out for her! Maybe get the owner to post one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

good work pete, as a devout dog lover(got 4 dogs) its always great to see that a lost dog has been returned to its owners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Milkey Bar Kid

You should bring the dog to the vet and see if its chipped . that will have the owners info on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

You should bring the dog to the vet and see if its chipped . that will have the owners info on it

owner has been found

And the chip was removed!

Hi DRT,

Indeed.., would you believe (I'm sure you would) that I rang a dog pound/sanctuary in the Midlands and spoke to the manager about a labradoodle that they had.

I asked "Did it have its chip removed?"...to which they replied

"It is impossible to remove a microchip from a dog" !!!

How worrying is that?

I asked "Did you check for scars?"

"No" they said..."We had no reason to check for scars"....

Makes you wonder doesnt it....

The girls I met from the Sligo SPCA were absolutely fantastic, brilliant...other areas are not as fortunate...

Happy Easter everyone.....

pete

.its slightly, well significantly worrying a

And the chip was removed!

4 Dogs! Wow Im totally jealous! Thanks for your message.

Happy Easter Gino

pete

gino85 wrote: »
    good work pete, as a devout dog lover(got 4 dogs) its always great to see that a lost dog has been returned to its owners

Advertisement