Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox loses cookies after closing browser.

• 28-03-2009 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there,

Everytime I close firefox, any cookies that I have set to save (boards.ie for example) are lost once I've closed the browser and re-opened it. Any ideas?

Some details.

Firefox version: 3.0.8 (also tested on 3.0.7 - same issue occurs).
    A/V: AVG (Tried with avg resident shield disabled, still occurs).

Firefox options in about.config - browser cookie behaviour is set to 0.
    Cookie privacy options is set to save until they expire.

Have scanned with ad-aware, no issues found. Have uninstalled and reinstalled firefox, same problem. Internet explorer works fine, no problems.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Tools
    Options
    Privacy
    Cookies
    keep until I close Firefox they expire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Read my original post, I already stated that I have it set to "save until they expire".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i remember last time i had this everytime i reopen firefox i need to sign my igoogle/gmail problem,i fixed it but i forget how exactly i did lol

i remember of course i did the usual method:clear the specific cookies you have problem with, clear all cookie to reset the browser's cookies saving status,set your right privacy policy etc but they didnt work :( make sure you try them first.

in the end i think i use this method:
    in Firefox, go to your profile folder and rename cookies.sqlite to cookies.tmp.Restart Firefox, log into those sites and then see if it remembers the logins.
    profile folder pathway from mozilla,http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles

i am not 100% sure how i did that back then cause' i couldnt find the file in my firefox anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

seraphimvc wrote: »
    i remember last time i had this everytime i reopen firefox i need to sign my igoogle/gmail problem,i fixed it but i forget how exactly i did lol

:rolleyes: I had this exact problem and solved it by uninstalling, deleting the folder in program files, running ccleaner registry clean and reinstalling. I use foxmarks and lastpass for bookmarks and passwords so they were all backed up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Murph5

At the bottom of the same Options screen as the Cookies settings, is the "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" tickbox ticked? That wipes all cookies by default, I think....

• Advertisement

Murph, you missed my first and second posts I see. No, that option is not selected. ;)

seraphimvc - I'll give it a try, cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Murph5

OP I did read your posts, but IIRC "Clear private data" ignores the Cookies settings and just wipes 'em all. But it's not the culprit in your case, so fair enough....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

try it's safe mode
    "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode

try a differnt profile
    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles

unlikely but
    do you have any antimalware software running in the background that might be blocking changes to system settings

Nope, only ad-aware, which I disabled just incase.

Like I said, try reinstall

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Like I said, try reinstall

Like I said in the first post, I've already done that :)

dlofnep wrote: »
    Like I said in the first post, I've already done that :)

But did You uninstall, delete the original folder and clean the registry before reinstalling?

Advertisement