Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My first pics for C&C!

• 28-03-2009 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

After much gnawing and gnashing of teeth, I've finally worked out how to upload pics onto boards.

These were taken at the Cork docks today, feel free to rip them to sh*t!!! :D

965254A8399349AF8B3EDB0D12DC9400.jpg

ECEC5CE564EF4CB48AC4BD93063C76A0.jpg

ECD8118FD026462386D57CB3AA78D078.jpg

CE7629DD64AC4EAEB78EB131CC44F222.jpg

79556C603D9A4FB9969FD0178699D6D1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Number 1 appeals to me most though I'm not sure why! I do like it as a shot... the black hull of the ship is somewhat distracting compared to the colour of the buildings but it seems to work. Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

No ripping here....l like 2 & last one.....they look like the streets of Chicago rather than Cork, Great angles....try some color & a little exposure it will do wonders'

'Welcome to the pleasure dome'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I like the first one especially.

2 and 3 could do with a bit more contrast I think, the look a bit grey.

The bum is kind of funny, what's he doing with his right hand? Looks like some kind of salute or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Good luck with the new camera. A few adjustments in framing would help especially in 1 and 2 (maybe a tighter crop?) and the last one is a bit "busy" with no real subject. I'm not being negative just trying to help. Excellent start though and I can see great things to come. The main thing is enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

I like the first one especially.

2 and 3 could do with a bit more contrast I think, the look a bit grey.

The bum is kind of funny, what's he doing with his right hand? Looks like some kind of salute or something.

The bum was actually a real gentleman - he even offered me one of his cans at one stage lol! I took 4 pics of him altogether, his hands are doing different and weird things in each photo!

I agree with the contrast comments, the pics are dull and wishy washy but I'm still learning how to change settings on the camera - I'll get there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Like number two the most, very much like Chicago.
    In the shooting menu try setting the picture control to Vivid and the colours get more punchy, for a shot like 2 the brick should redden and that patch of blue sky should darken.
    You'll have a ball with that D90, you seem to have a good eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

I was going to mention the contrast and processing but one step at a time.

If you want download Picassa and do an auto levels/contrast if it does that and you will see an immediate improvement in the impact of the shots. Picassa is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PC - Dublin

What's the camera?
    They're excellent.

What's the camera?
    They're excellent.

Thanks, it's a Nikon D90 with the 18 - 105 kit lens - I received it on Thursday from the man from the courier company. I take it to bed with me every night, but that's for a different forum lol!!! ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

I like them, the angles, lines, and compositions are really neat! I like the first and second one the most, althought the power sign in the 2nd one is a bit distracting. The one of the bum is a cool idea. Try a bit of editing to get some contrast and colour in there. As already mentioned, you do seem to have a good eye, and I'd say you'll have a blast with the D90 (v jealous btw!!). Best of luck with it!

• Advertisement

Schlemm wrote: »
    I like them, the angles, lines, and compositions are really neat! I like the first and second one the most, althought the power sign in the 2nd one is a bit distracting. The one of the bum is a cool idea. Try a bit of editing to get some contrast and colour in there. As already mentioned, you do seem to have a good eye, and I'd say you'll have a blast with the D90 (v jealous btw!!). Best of luck with it!

Thanks for the positive comments.

I agree with your comment about the power sign but I liked the scene a lot so I just thought: "Sod it!" I'm wondering if I could get rid of it in Elements?

Advertisement