Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lse

• 28-03-2009 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

hi there i was just wondering did anybody here do a postgrad in london school of economics. wats it like, is it worth while etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Depends which one you are talking about. I know someone doing the Political Economy class. It doesn't sound like it is very rigorous. However, the reason you are paying £16,000 is to have their seal of approval on your CV. The quality of the course is kind of irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Resisting urge to say "Why bother? Not needed to become Taoiseach".

Failing miserably!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

The fees are ridiculously high and it's not supposed to be the friendliest of atmospheres.

I'd be very reluctant to go there myself.

It depends on the postgrad. I'd imagine it's an excellent place to do a PhD. The MSc in Economics is very expensive and from what I've heard, impersonal. I don't think the signalling value justifies the cost differential. You'll get the same interviews if you attend similar, cheaper programmes in oxbridge, warwick or ucl. Your transcript and letters of recommendation are more important factors in getting into a good PhD programme.

Advertisement