Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Fitness Log.

Options
  • 28-03-2009 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hello and welcome to my four week log on what I do in the gym (Northwood) and some other general information you may find useful (highly unlikely).

The reason I'm doing this, is to in a way hold myself accountable and commit to working out and eating clean. The latter is the hard one for me.

I have a slightly rotund face, 5"9' in height and 11st 8pnds (or 73.6kgs or 162 pounds). The worst thing about myself, from my own perception, is my double chin. So I'm going to do a bit of cardio to lose fat. The two packets of chewing gum I bought earlier are not because of any bad breath issues but because I want to 'exercise' my chin flab. In general though I would'nt say I'm overweight but I could and hopefully will lose some fat and build up.

My goal is not to get massively big and huge that I walk with my arms blocking the corridor in the gym like some of the nice chaps down their, but to tone up, lose the fat and increase my fitness level. I think my body fat is around 18%.

Workout today (28/3/09):
    Warm-up: 5 minutes on cross trainer.

Bench Press: Four sets of ten (40kgs) [Yes 10kgs on each side dont laugh]
    Incline Press: 10kg dumbells. Four sets
    Tricep Pull-downs: Four sets of 10 (15kgs)
    Dumbell flys: Four sets of 10 (8kgs)
    Chest Press: Two sets of 8 reps (40kgs).

Cardio: 20 minutes on Cross trainer.

Tomorrow Im going to do my legs. You'll laugh at this, at most I can squat three sets of 10 reps with a total weight of 45kgs. I want to improve that up to 55kgs by the end of the four weeks. I really want to improve my workouts and my body. I'll keep posting with updates.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

By the way if you think this is a waste of time on this forum and I'm useless I'll get the mod to scrap this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

seven-iron wrote: »
    By the way if you think this is a waste of time on this forum and I'm useless I'll get the mod to scrap this thread.

Hey seven-iron, I wouldn't worry about that - we're not all professional body builders here all that matters is you're improving your self!
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

man dont worry about the weight ur doing we all start somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

Well I have failed already. I went out last night. I was diseased all day but I managed pull myself out of bed and down to the gym and did 45 minutes of cardio, I couldnt even look at a dumbell. I couldnt report back with nothing so I just tried to sweat all the crap out from last night. I weighed myself after the cardio and I had sweated out about 6 pounds.

However if I hadnt started this log I would not have gone down to the gym so in a way its something.

The next workout will be big (for me), watch this space.

Advertisement