Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's Happening To America ?

• 28-03-2009 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Has anyone else noticed that things have not been the same since the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001? - - we've experienced
    catastrophic disasters from floods, tornadoes, hurricanes and fires from drought, etc. on a scale never known before in all of history. Not only that, but the greed and corruption that has been brought to light recently makes me and most others wonder what's become of this
    nation and where is it heading.

I would not believe anything of this sort could or would happen if it wasn't written out so clearly about what's to come, but the evidence is undeniable. Here's the forecast for OUR very near future.

http://www.theamericannightmare.org/1-DDD327.html

Ana

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

AnaA wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that things have not been the same since the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001? - - we've experienced
    catastrophic disasters from floods, tornadoes, hurricanes and fires from drought, etc. on a scale never known before in all of history. Not only that, but the greed and corruption that has been brought to light recently makes me and most others wonder what's become of this
    nation and where is it heading.

I would not believe anything of this sort could or would happen if it wasn't written out so clearly about what's to come, but the evidence is undeniable. Here's the forecast for OUR very near future.

http://www.theamericannightmare.org/1-DDD327.html

Ana
    It is undeniable that America is run by grossly immoral people, and many of its citizens are of a similar mould. It is also undeniable that God's judgments come on such evil, and have always done so. That some judgment is involved in America's current position seems highly likely.

But that is not to validate pseudo-prophets like Vince Diehl, and the author of the article you linked is in serious error when he asserts Moses and the prophets gave false prophecies. Diehl has given prophecies that failed - that makes him a false prophet:
    Deuteronomy 18:20 But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’ 21 And if you say in your heart, ‘How shall we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?’— 22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

catastrophic disasters from floods, tornadoes, hurricanes and fires from drought, etc. on a scale never known before in all of history.

No offence, but you'd really be better off familiarising yourself with history before coming out with that. Even recent events have prouced more significant disasters.

The 2004 Tsunami wiped out 200,000 or more people in a number of countries. In 2008 an earthaquake killed 69,000 people in China. The US has experienced nothing on that scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Has anyone else noticed that things have not been the same since the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001?

Are you suggesting God made the terrorists fly planes into buildings? Or is this just a convenient starting point, where it became acceptable for the government to peddle fear and faux patriotism to the ignorant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 AnaA

2Scoops wrote: »
    Are you suggesting God made the terrorists fly planes into buildings? Or is this just a convenient starting point, where it became acceptable for the government to peddle fear and faux patriotism to the ignorant?

I'm suggesting that's when things turned south for us in this country. There was a noticable change. I don't know what the government is up to, but I do know that God's protection is there for those who really follow Him. It is conditional. From what I've seen on Wall Street, I'd say it's more than likely God's not smiling down on the situation. I don't think most people are proud of what's going on either. We're no longer getting rain in due season either, because that also is conditional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

I'm suggesting that's when things turned south for us in this country. There was a noticable change. I don't know what the government is up to, but I do know that God's protection is there for those who really follow Him. It is conditional. From what I've seen on Wall Street, I'd say it's more than likely God's not smiling down on the situation. I don't think most people are proud of what's going on either. We're no longer getting rain in due season either, because that also is conditional.

Yeah, but was the terrorist attack part of the punishment, or is the punishment related to how America reacted to the attack? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

So your saying your god kills innocent people in order to teach us a lesson on how we should worship him more ?

????? what a good god you have there , perhaps I should follow him ....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 barbara_thomas

Here is Vince Diehl's prophecy concerning the World Trade Center bombing, so you can read it for yourself.

http://www.theamericannightmare.org/35-X_W_T_C_A-D.html

Also, here is proof that Moses issued falsely in the name of The Lord.

http://www.theamericannightmare.org/INDEX_17.html

Jonah prophesied that Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown then went out of the city, and sat on the east side of the city, and there made him a booth, and sat under it in the shadow, till he might see what would become of the city, but it didnt happen when he had said it would, however, God's judgement did come later.

Also, Ezekiel prophesied a 40 year war with Egypt, at a point in time when the subject war was exactly half over.

From what I've seen on Wall Street, I'd say it's more than likely God's not smiling down on the situation. I don't think most people are proud of what's going on either. We're no longer getting rain in due season either, because that also is conditional.

So if this is "new" what was the Dustbowl and the great depression about?

2Scoops wrote: »
    Yeah, but was the terrorist attack part of the punishment, or is the punishment related to how America reacted to the attack? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

How the heck would I know. I just pointed out that things have gone south since that time.

Ana

Here is Vince Diehl's prophecy concerning the World Trade Center bombing, so you can read it for yourself.

http://www.theamericannightmare.org/35-X_W_T_C_A-D.html

Also, here is proof that Moses issued falsely in the name of The Lord.

http://www.theamericannightmare.org/INDEX_17.html

Jonah prophesied that Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown then went out of the city, and sat on the east side of the city, and there made him a booth, and sat under it in the shadow, till he might see what would become of the city, but it didnt happen when he had said it would, however, God's judgement did come later.

Also, Ezekiel prophesied a 40 year war with Egypt, at a point in time when the subject war was exactly half over.
    Moses spoke exactly what God said. To think God allowed him to write a law He did not give and have the nation live under it for some 1000 years - that is amazing. No, the law God gave through Moses permitted and regulated divorce even though divorce was not good in God's sight. It was a concession to their hardness of heart, as Jesus tells us. Maybe the alternative was to wipe them out - but God had plans for them, plans to bring them a Saviour.

Likewise concerning Jonah - he did not issue a false prophecy. It was God who changed His mind about Nineveh's destruction, following their repentance.

Consider Diehl's assertion that the Biblical prophets got some things wrong. Not only does that contradict what the Bible says about real prophets, if he is right it makes it foolish for us to listen to him or the prophets in the bible. We have no way of knowing which of their prophecies are true.

If you want to see a false prophet, Vince Diehl is an example. I don't know his motivation. It seems not to be money. Maybe it is the thrill of being considered a prophet. Maybe he's mentally ill. But he sure is twisting the Scriptures to fit his career.

• Advertisement

How the heck would I know. I just pointed out that things have gone south since that time.

Ana

But things have 'gone south' before then. If you're going to claim a divine intervention for a recession, then you'd want to explain how it relates to other recessions first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Vince Diehl

Here is my prophecy. I defy you to show me ANYTHING about it that is false.

http://www.theamericannightmare.org/161-X_Woe_To_America_A-D.html

Vince Diehl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

Vince Diehl

Assuming you're right. So what? What do you wants us to think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Vince Diehl

That America is on the eve of its Destruction and you had better make your peace with The Most High God.

That America is on the eve of its Destruction

When will it be destroyed? And how?
    and you had better make your peace with The Most High God.

But we already know that without your prophecies. :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I defy you to show me ANYTHING about it that is false.
    This page says:
    ENGLAND (the third empire) was [...] reduced from being the only empire in history to ever rule the entire world
    England ruled the entire world? The Russians or Turks might want to have a word with you about that! :)

Anyhow, this one is a new PCT on me (thought I'd heard 'em all at this stage): when somebody stops pumping water into the ground in Texas, all the underground natural gas in North America will blow up and vaporize the US's nuclear weapons.

It's delightfully unusual.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

apocalypse_soon.jpg

robindch wrote: »
    This page says:England ruled the entire world? The Russians or Turks might want to have a word with you about that! :)

Indeed. It ignores the Mongol empire too, which is odd, considering its extent. The whole thing pivots on cherry picking specific facts to back up vague waffle.

I still await an explanation as to how the Great Depression and the 'dustbowl' are related to this, not to mention floodings and earthquakes preceding 2001. Nor is there any explanation of why God (presumably) chose to smite 200,000 plus persons with a Tsunami, the majority of whom could hardly be said to be luxuriating amongst consumerist idolatry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

That America is on the eve of its Destruction and you had better make your peace with The Most High God.

When did we all move to America? :confused:

Those prophesies reminded me of Mystic Meg on the UK lottery Program. Let's be honest, if you make vague enough comments then any set of circumstances can be adapted to "prove" your wisdom (a minor variant of Barnum statements)

For example I can say "This summer the Irish weather will disappoint many, there will be economic woe for the unfaithful". If it rains then we have hotels that are empty. But if its hot and sunny then the farmers crops suffer. Either way I win. Every statement on that site is of this nature.

But hey, I'm open to proof. I'm an unbeliever and I call BS on this. Feel free to ask your god to smite me as proof that you really do have a divine connection. Bonus points if you can name the time, place and method :)

Bonus points if you can name the time, place and method :)

'Thou shalt cry out the name of the Lord, and yea, it shall be as if thou wert sat on a ring of hottest fire'

I go for "Sunday morning", "mens room", and "Beer".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Vince Diehl

I like the bit where you say God is going to 'sic' the Arabs on America. God must be a Southerner to use a phrase like that. However, your photo of Richard Reid (the shoe-bomber) seems a strange way to illustrate that prophecy. Did God forget to tell you that Reid isn't an Arab?

I don't know if any of you are Christians, but what most churches are teaching these days is that their members have nothing at all to worry about, it's the heathen who will lose out while they will be out of harms way, however, they aren't reading their Bibles right and live under false hopes because they follow after a bunch of false doctrines and are in to the prosperity Bible and things that are not of God. God's not about money and blessing them with material things like most of them think, so while they're worshipping their false materialistic god they do not have a relationship with the God of the Bible, as He speaks out against the very things they embrace.

Here's how it'll go before Jesus' return (no, it's not the end of the world).

ZEP 1:13 Therefore their goods shall become a booty, and their houses a
    desolation: they shall also build houses, but not inhabit them; and they
    shall plant vineyards, but not drink the wine thereof.
    ZEP 1:14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly,
    even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there
    bitterly.
    ZEP 1:15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of
    wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,
    ZEP 1:16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against
    the high towers.
    ZEP 1:17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind
    men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be
    poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.
    ZEP 1:18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them
    in the day of the LORD's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the
    fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them
    that dwell in the land.
    ZEP 2:1 Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;
    ZEP 2:2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff,
    before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the
    LORD's anger come upon you.
    ZEP 2:3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his
    judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD's anger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Reminder: Still unsmitten here. I have a load of stuff I need to do for work, do you think my blood will be dust and my flesh dung before the weekend or do I still have to meet all my deadlines?

Thanks

(I would give a well thought out rebuttal but I tend to tailor the seriousness of my replies to the seriousness of the OP...)

I don't know if any of you are Christians, but what most churches are teaching these days is that their members have nothing at all to worry about, (.....)LORD's anger.

Well that's all Wunderbar as they say, but would you mind just explaining how the Dustbowl and great depression fit into this...they being similar large previous incidents.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

That prophecy is easy :pac:

I predict that soon a great city in America will face vengeance from the skies in the form of fire and water.

God's not about money and blessing them with material things like most of them think.

Ehem, but what about these scriptures?

"Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine." Proverbs 3:9-10

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." Malachi 3:10

"And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life." Matthew 29:19

God's not about money and blessing?

I see we're no wiser as to the Dustbowl, Depression and other questions....though we may yet see good examples of why the Church preferred to keep scripture in Latin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

It's well known that 40 in the Bible usually signifies a large number, not literally 40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Nodin wrote: »
    I see we're no wiser as to the Dustbowl, Depression and other questions....though we may yet see good examples of why the Church preferred to keep scripture in Latin...

Just to change the topic slightly, but I see that China now has it's very own Dust Bowl:

dustbowl_01.jpg

What price progress and all that!

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1738165,00.html

• Advertisement

wolfsbane wrote: »
    It is undeniable that America is run by grossly immoral people, and many of its citizens are of a similar mould. It is also undeniable that God's judgments come on such evil, and have always done so. That some judgment is involved in America's current position seems highly likely.

As a country it's probably less corrupt than Ireland. As an evil country I could probably think of at least 15 countries off hand that would be far more evil...

It is one of the most, if not THE most (at the moment at least) Christian countries at the moment. How you can think they would deserve "judgement" at this time is beyond me.

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    My bad, they're a whole one place behind us.

Point still stands.

Lower the ranking, the more corrupt, so they're a whole one place "ahead", so no, it doesn't. There's far more localised decision making over there, giving more room for manouvere graft-wise. It's often said that many of the practices of FF originated in Tammany hall

Nodin wrote: »
    Lower the ranking, the more corrupt, so they're a whole one place "ahead", so no, it doesn't. There's far more localised decision making over there, giving more room for manouvere graft-wise. It's often said that many of the practices of FF originated in Tammany hall

Ok yes, slightly more corrupt than Ireland according to that index.

But *sticking to the topic at hand*, according to your logic France should be in way more trouble concerning judgements from god.

Vince Diehl
    You prophecied this:
    VINCE DIEHL'S PROPHECY OF FAMINE
    http://www.america-in-prophecy.org/108_FAMINE_PROPHECY__TWO.html

Let me point to the pertinent passage:
    With a track record of well over one hundred other proven to come true prophecies pertaining to America: As an elaboration of his prophecy FAMINE IN AMERICA dated September 1, 2005, in which he prophesied in writing that the worst famine in history would be on American soil by September 1, 2006. (a copy of which prophecy is repeated below for your convenience) On January 26, 2006, Vince Diehl issued the following declaration in the name of The Lord of Hosts, ALMIGHTY GOD.

"By January 2007, and to be "noticeable" by September 1, 2006, separate and unrelated from what is being touted as Bird Flu: Mainland America will be devastated by a national pandemic of influenza which will kill tens of millions of Americans; which will be spread by way of its contaminated food supply due to contaminated waters created by Katrina; which, within days after its source is discovered, the subject food supply will be all but cut off, thereby creating a FAMINE far worse than anything in recorded history, IN ADDITION to the pandemic of influenza which will, all by itself, kill tens of millions of Americans.

It is now April 2009, and last time I looked there was no famine in the USA. But most definitely there was no famine on American soil by September 1, 2006. Many more people are in danger of dying from overeating than famine.

FALSE PROPHET! You should be ashamed of dishonouring the name of the Lord.

Take heed to the word of Peter to Simon the Sorcerer:
    Acts 8:22 Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.

• Advertisement

As a country it's probably less corrupt than Ireland. As an evil country I could probably think of at least 15 countries off hand that would be far more evil...

It is one of the most, if not THE most (at the moment at least) Christian countries at the moment. How you can think they would deserve "judgement" at this time is beyond me.
    To whom much is given, from them much will be required:
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2012:47-48;&version=50;

America has much less excuse for its sin, seeing it has such an exposure to the gospel. But their leaders love money and power, and their elite ridicules God and promotes sexual perversion and wanton murder of the unborn.

The Assyrians and Babylonians were up-front heathens and God used them to punish hypocrital and apostate Israel. America should not presume on its formal Christian heritage.

Ok yes, slightly more corrupt than Ireland according to that index.

But *sticking to the topic at hand*, according to your logic France should be in way more trouble concerning judgements from god.

Well, according to my logic, there is no God.....

Advertisement