Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trading up

• 28-03-2009 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise on who has the best trading up offers for the 360 elite

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I think Game offer €95 credit for a Premium trade in and Gamestop offer €126.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

ShaunC wrote: »
    Can anyone advise on who has the best trading up offers for the 360 elite

Give us a few details because you'd probably make just as much, if not more from adverts.ie depending on what spec and age of your console. Give us an idea and I'm sure someone will give you a second hand guide price for what you have. Then using that info, post it on adverts.ie...

Also, the only real differences between a standard console and the Elite are the colour, 120 gig drive and possibly the HDMI port. Have you considered just buying a larger drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Sell your current one on Adverts.!You will make much more.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I got it when they launched so its old and a bit, It got sick twice(red ring of death)but got repaired so I dont really want to give someone a sick puppy. I would rather trade up so whoever buys would get a shop warranty;)

I got it when they launched so its old and a bit, It got sick twice(red ring of death)but got repaired so I dont really want to give someone a sick puppy. I would rather trade up so whoever buys would get a shop warranty;)

To be honest, it really doesn't matter if it has RROD'd twice or not, as long it was repaired by MS, it'll be back under warranty again anyway for the next owner. Don't worry about selling it privately, every 360 console will eventually suffer RROD at some stage. That's just the way they are, unfortunately. In my opinion, I'd be more likely to purchase one that had already suffered RROD than one that hadn't.

Whichever way you choose to sell it, please do the new customer a favour and call MS and unregister the console from your name. It'll save the new owner serious grief should he need to get a repair done in the future and it'll only take a few minutes of your time on their freephone number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

do xbox give a warranty with a 2nd hand console?

do xbox give a warranty with a 2nd hand console?

It should not matter who owns the console. If your console RRODs, that's a generic console failure and should be covered under the extended warranty that MS offer. However, if the console is still registered to the previous owner, then you could have problems trying to register it for repair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Went in to a Gamestop today looking to price the cost of upgrading to an Elite.

They were offering a trade in value on the old console of €126 until they discovered it didnt have an HDMI slot when they said they would not take it as a trade in.

Is this normal will nobody take it as a trade in? it has had RROD but was repaired properly.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

andyeire wrote: »
    Went in to a Gamestop today looking to price the cost of upgrading to an Elite.

They were offering a trade in value on the old console of €126 until they discovered it didnt have an HDMI slot when they said they would not take it as a trade in.

Is this normal will nobody take it as a trade in? it has had RROD but was repaired properly.

Thanks

Wow, I traded in my old launch Xbox a few weeks ago, no HDMI port and I got that offer. The disc drive and all wouldn't open, unless it was laying flat. They just pluged it in to see if it was working.

rizzla wrote: »
    Wow, I traded in my old launch Xbox a few weeks ago, no HDMI port and I got that offer. The disc drive and all wouldn't open, unless it was laying flat. They just pluged it in to see if it was working.

The guy was telling me that i had to bring in all the cables headset and stuff when 'manager'? came over asked me if it had HDMI slot when i said no he said no way would they take it as trade in.

Anybody else had experience of this ? This was in Mullingar if that makes any odds:confused:

• Advertisement

Sorry for dragging this up again .

Has anybody managed to trade an old xbox360 ie one without an HDMI slot.

If so could you tell me where and when they took it

Thanks

Advertisement