Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washing machine has a mind of it's own...

• 28-03-2009 10:34pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wondering can anyone offer me any pearls of wisdom about what might have gotten into (or out of as the case may be) my washing machine.

It's a Hotpoint Aquarius, just over 2 yrs old. Recently, it's been filling back up with water after the cycle is finished. The wash and dry cycle run fine, but about 1/2 an hour after it's finished, it very slowly starts filling up with water again. Say when I go to bed at night, and then come down in the morning, it's full. There's a function to pump out the machine, so I use that to empty it, then when I come back from work it's full again. :confused::confused:

It's still cleaning clothes, and once we take them out as soon as the cycle is finished they don't get all wet again when the water starts coming back in. Obviously this isn't normal for the machine, and my worry is that one day either myself or my OH will go out to work or to bed and leave the washing machine door open and it'll destroy the place.

Has anyone here experienced anything similar before? If so how did you fix it? I'm leaving phoning Hotpoint as a last resort, because the call-out fee for one of their engineers is about €150, which I'd prefer not to have to spend if at all possible. Any advice appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

There should be a one way flap on the pipe near where it enters the sink. This needs to be replaced.

It should be at the end of the outlet pipe from the machine.

Should cost less than €1 to replace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Hamburglar

Take the detergent dispenser out & check if there is a small trickle of water coming in, there could be a problem with the water inlet valve, possibly some dirt has damaged the seal & its leaking through, if it is, you need a new valve as it cant be repaired, should be easy enough to get a replacement though! :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks guys, I shall get the OH to have a look at those, hopefully that'll sort it out :)

Advertisement