Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time for an All-Ireland team?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭ScholesyIsGod

His international goal scoring record is brilliant though, especially because he gets a lot of his goals in the qualifiers and they're important goals, after he got a hat trick against Spain i became a fan of his. If had to pick 2 of the 3 of them id have Doyle starting with Healy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

what has he ever done? he is useless, no end product at all
    Totally agree he was useless tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

All Ireland team ? - No way never.

1. Ireland's call - no thanks
    2. Some made up flag - no thanks
    3. NI fans involved in trouble with Polish fans - no thanks
    4. Can you imagine the NI fans with Rangers shirts and the ROI fans with Celtic shirts meeting in the same pub.

Republic of Ireland will do just fine thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

noodler wrote: »
    Doyle has 55 goals in 152 games with Reading.

Healy has never had a record anywhere near as good as that, even if I go back to his Leeds or Preston days.

Go watch some football my man.

Go watch some international football. How many times do I have to say, international football form and record are more important when considering who is best for an international team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Go watch some international football. How many times do I have to say, international football form and record are more important when considering who is best for an international team.

I don't know why you keep saying that when Healy's recent international form has been abysmal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

His international goal scoring record is brilliant though, especially because he gets a lot of his goals in the qualifiers and they're important goals, after he got a hat trick against Spain i became a fan of his. If had to pick 2 of the 3 of them id have Doyle starting with Healy.

oh really?/ so ur answer to the problem would be to drop the republics captain and all time leading goal scorer,not to mention our only proven PL striker!!!??? thank god you are not irelands manager!!

Where did I mention dropping Keane? Go read the thread, I said Doyle could drop behind the 2 strikers and act as support.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I don't know why you keep saying that when Healy's recent international form has been abysmal...

yeah your right, 11 goals in his last 19 matches is abysmal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

yeah your right, 11 goals in his last 19 matches is abysmal

Pfft, who do you think you are comin in here with your 'facts'?! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Healy has't the ability to play in the premiership according to various managers who don't play him. Doyle has already proven he has and him scoring 18 goals this season for Reading in the Championship is clearly better than Healy playing only 6 times and scoring once for Sunderland-he needs to get back to his level and fast.

Healy has score one international goal against San Marino in the past 12 months. His record prior to this was outstanding but the campaign in question was a once off for me. Alot of his goals prior to it were against the lesser teams-similar to our Robbie.

Doyle is far younger, better in the air, playing and scoring regularly for his club, has a superior work rate, faster, stronger-better in nearly every department.

Absolutely no contest. Please stop saying "play Doyle behind the two strikers"-it hurts my sensibilities.

mormank wrote: »
    oh really?/ so ur answer to the problem would be to drop the republics captain and all time leading goal scorer,not to mention our only proven PL striker!!!??? thank god you are not irelands manager!!

Ya thats pretty much what i said.

Ya thats pretty much what i said.[/QUOTE

im sorry im tryin to to be childish so i wont say anything except that would be a shocking management decision

Healy has score one international goal against San Marino in the past 12 months.

Doyle has scored 1 goal in the last 12 months against Georgia.

His record prior to this was outstanding but the campaign in question was a once off for me. Alot of his goals prior to it were against the lesser teams-similar to our Robbie.

No I think you'll find he has been consistently good over his international career. 32 goals in 62 games proves this, he didn't score 32 goals in 1 campaign.
    Doyle is far younger, better in the air, playing and scoring regularly for his club,

Shame he doesn't score regularly for his country, unlike Healey.

Where did I mention dropping Keane? Go read the thread, I said Doyle could drop behind the 2 strikers and act as support.

i assume your talking to me?? if so why dont you go back and read my post and see who im quoting. but while ur talkin to me...why would you drop doyle behind the other two?? surely if anyone was gonna drop back it would be keane who is better with the ball at his feet and in the build up play and not the more target-man-like doyle?

mormank wrote: »
    i assume your talking to me?? if so why dont you go back and read my post and see who im quoting. but while ur talkin to me...why would you drop doyle behind the other two?? surely if anyone was gonna drop back it would be keane who is better with the ball at his feet and in the build up play and not the more target-man-like doyle?

Because keane is our all time highest goalscorer, it would make no sense for him to play that position, we need to put him where he is going to do most damage. Doyle on the other hand isn't the most prolific striker but has a great work rate and a bit of creativity to make things happen, therefore he would be more suited to that position.

• Advertisement

Healys international record is as good as keanes, i dont see why what they do in the premiership has got to do with it, fair enough Healy is not getting on for Sunderland but he still scores a lot of international goals.

Ok Keane has scored regular goals in the top flight all his career, i might be wrong here but, did Keane not go about 5 or 6 years without a goal in a qualifying campaign after he scored away against Holland in the qualifiers for the 2002 World Cup? I could be very wrong there if i am my apologies

You are the biggest moron I have ever seen on these boards Shamble.

Ever.

[mod note]Two week ban for abuse of fellow poster

Healys international record is as good as keanes, i dont see why what they do in the premiership has got to do with it, fair enough Healy is not getting on for Sunderland but he still scores a lot of international goals.

Ok Keane has scored regular goals in the top flight all his career, i might be wrong here but, did Keane not go about 5 or 6 years without a goal in a qualifying campaign after he scored away against Holland in the qualifiers for the 2002 World Cup? I could be very wrong there if i am my apologies

You don't see what a footballer does week-in and week-out matters?

Surely club form is more indicative of how a player will perform in the majority of cases?

Ya in real terms it does matter of course but when comparing Healy and Keane in terms of an all Ireland team that will never happen im basing it more on their international form.

Keane looks world class with Tottenham his touch is great so is his passing and he comes deep and creates as well plus his finishing is deadly most of the time. I know he's our top scorer but when he plays for Ireland he never really shows that all round game that he does when he's playing for Spurs. Whereas Healy doesnt do the business at club level but does do it in International football.

When it comes to club level Keane wins hands down but in International football Healy matches up just as well as Keane.

Advertisement