Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

windsor park

• 29-03-2009 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

how on earth is this still staging world cup games..:confused:

some blue square conference sides have better grounds.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

There is no other stadium in Northern Ireland to host International games, which is why they are trying to build a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

its a dump alright, but there isnt anywhere else.

I s'pose they could ask for a loan of Croker for a few games? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Where do Ulster rugby play? Is that maybe a better option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Eirebear wrote: »
    its a dump alright, but there isnt anywhere else.

I s'pose they could ask for a loan of Croker for a few games? :pac:

Lack of income is the simple answer. Soccer stadiums on the island Ireland are pretty poor. Unfortunately, we can't squat in Lansdowne or Croker. :pac:

DSB wrote: »

It really isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ravenhill has a capacity of 12,300 but even less seating then Windsor Park so it's not an option

• Advertisement

DSB wrote: »

757.jpg

not quite!

They've been talking about the new ground for years, at least when I was there in 2004.
    It was supposed to be built in the city park in East Belfast, great location! And only 15 minutes from Central Station and walking distance from city centre. Well a good 25 minute walk anyway

Then in their wisdom they selected the Maze site, miles from anywhere!
    More delays and consultant reports

Now with the economic downturn, it'll be Windsor Park for the forseeable future

mikemac wrote: »

Then in their wisdom they selected the Maize site, miles from anywhere!

One of the funniest typo's ive seen in ages. It must have been doubly tough going on hunger strike there!

*Disclaimer: This is in absolutely no way meant as sectarion or bigoted humour, simply an observational joke with no harm intended to anyone*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

One of the funniest typo's ive seen in ages. It must have been doubly tough going on hunger strike there!

*Disclaimer: This is in absolutely no way meant as sectarion or bigoted humour, simply an observational joke with no harm intended to anyone*

That's just corny.

yeah, wasn't sure how to spell it so I quickly corrected it.
    Looks like you were too fast for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

how on earth is this still staging world cup games..:confused:

some blue square conference sides have better grounds.
    Which blue square conference sides have better grounds than windsor park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/plans-for-pound128m-city-stadium-unveiled-14241839.html

The Belfast Telegraph can today reveal an ambitious plan to build a new 25,000 seater football and rugby stadium in the heart of east Belfast.

An urban alternative to the ill-fated Maze national stadium, the £128m Blanchflower stadium development would be sited at Sydenham, close to major road, rail, ferry and air links.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

CiaranC wrote: »

forest green rovers for one

capacity of around 5/6k

windsor park is a fcuking cow shed and is not fit for international games

I thought FIFA had a specific criteria for grounds and inter national matches.?

Windsor park is suitable for Sunday league football at best.

like cliftonville reserves...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

CiaranC wrote: »

Wrexham,The Racecourse is not a bad ground I have been in it Liverpool Reserves used to play there.It has also hosted the odd international game,I think Ireland played there about ten years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

think that be right, the thomas lad who knocked the gooners out of the cup was in the team

if i remember, maybe not

Advertisement