Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specific O2 texting problem each night

• 29-03-2009 1:08am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems sending text messages? Phone seems to be unable to send any messages even with a full signal. Restarted phone, no look.

EDIT: And its back!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Yeah had the same problem, kept getting "message sending failed", had a full signal too. Back working now though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Same as, happened last night too for about 10 mins at the same time

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This is why we need Daryll on 24hrs. Anybody have his number?!?! I dont care if hes on the piss, make him fix it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

O2 does be up and down like a whores knickers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

I take it that things are back up now :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I take it that things are back up now :)

It occured again last night. Messages refusing to send around the same time.

We have had nothing official reported but I will pass this on now to be looked into and observed.

Consider this thread offical :P Thanks Daryll.

Will do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Thats 3 nights in a row for me that me texts fail at exactly midnight, wierd...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Must be some update o2 do to their billing system.

Happened again tonight. Just happened to be texting at midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

happened last night also. Took a few minutes and the texts sent ok then

And again.

Daryll?!?!

We have had nothing official reported but I will pass this on now to be looked into and observed.

Same thing again. Sending a text between 00:00am and 00:05am wont send. Then 00:06am will send fine. Calls never effected for some reason.

There is a turn around on these things guys. I will be back on as soon as I get an update.

Just going to bump this to keep a record of when I notice the problem to help you Daryll - but it failed last night on me also. Same time, text messages.

Thanks sully. It is still a mystery to me what is going on but I should have some communication soon from tech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Hello, long time lurker.

I've also noticed the same thing happening for the last week or so. Quite an odd occurence.

Just happened to me now about 8 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

same issue here, located in Cork.

• Advertisement

Hi guys just need to know if this is still happening. If it is I would like some recent examples to show tech as the are baffled by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I'll check tonight between 12 and 12.05 and report back.

Cheers either on here or talk2O2 is fine

Will do, on here. Its the official thread after all ;)

Happened to me on the 21st (the beginning, not the end of that date). I recall I was sending an important text and it kept failing. Havent tried since but will keep at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ProjectC

hey,

im also experienceing this problem same five minute gap, and are 5 of my other friends lcoated here in clonakilty Cork..

..also 5 miles out the road in the countryside same problem.

I dont want to break rules here so could you send me by pm so I can pass them to tech as examples please. Sully I know you are on our forum so I can get yours.

Again I am just trying to get this fixed without breaking board rules

I assume you want peoples mobile nos?

It allowed me send a text at 0:06 but the girlfriend was unable to send a text message before that time. If you need it, you should already have that number Daryll.

• Advertisement

No its cool I got it, cheers.

Advertisement