Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HR875 - Prevent self-sustainable people

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

For me, for anyone to suggest that this and other "food safety bills" are for the benefit of the consumers displays some serious shortcomings. Its just another example of corrupt government and big business through their lobby groups being one and the same.

The bill written by Monsanto and the like at best is to squeeze the last life out of the smaller farmers which are tiny businesses themselves which have grossly innapropriate regulations imposed so as to make their existence dysfunctional, giving control of the food supply to a mere few.

See Codex Alimentaries.

Don't know about anyone else but I would be much happier eating uncertified organic food from the local farmer than the mass produced, genetically engineered, factory-farmed, laced with chemicals crap with a certificate. Food safety? I think not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Don't know about anyone else but I would be much happier eating uncertified organic food from the local farmer than the mass produced, genetically engineered, factory-farmed, laced with chemicals crap with a certificate. Food safety? I think not.

But why is GM bad exactly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

King Mob wrote: »
    But why is GM bad exactly?

Intelectual Property Laws on Seeds are a bad thing Duuuuuuuuuuuude

also playin God does not bode well with a large conservative sector of the population

Intelectual Property Laws on Seeds are a bad thing Duuuuuuuuuuuude

also playin God does not bode well with a large conservative sector of the population

Ok so the food itself isn't dangerous.

Why are Intellectual Property Laws on seeds a bad thing?

well I didnt want to lead off with the Fact that some of the Genetic modifications have led to foods becoming poisonious, there is also the issue of the unknown variable of cross polentation of GM and non GM crops leading to dangerous and poisonous hybrids after a few generations.

but first off, Why are Intellectual Property Laws on seeds a GOOD thing?

well I didnt want to lead off with the Fact that some of the Genetic modifications have led to foods becoming poisonious, there is also the issue of the unknown variable of cross polentation of GM and non GM crops leading to dangerous and poisonous hybrids after a few generations.

but first off, Why are Intellectual Property Laws on seeds a GOOD thing?

To protect the right of the people and companies who developed the crop? Just like any other product.

But I'm calling bull**** on the GM foods become poisonous.
    You're gonna have to back that up with something substantial.

toxic spuds was the one I was thinki of, but there are a fair few more instances Recorded.

I'd be afraid to hazard a guess as to how many ended up in the bin with people gettin hush money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_food_controversies

ya know anyone who claimed to be openminded about these things would look this up for himself, a quick wiki is not that difficult is it

toxic spuds was the one I was thinki of, but there are a fair few more instances Recorded.

I'd be afraid to hazard a guess as to how many ended up in the bin with people gettin hush money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_food_controversies

ya know anyone who claimed to be openminded about these things would look this up for himself, a quick wiki is not that difficult is it
    As of 2004 no adverse health effects in humans had been documented and feeding trials had not observed toxic effects

What evidence do you have that some where hushed up or are you just assuming that without anything to support it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

King Mob wrote:
    What evidence do you have that some where hushed up or are you just assuming that without anything to support it?

Yes, because corporations are honest hard working people with integrity - absolutely.

GM companies want nothing more than to improve the lives of people in 3rd world countries where there are food shortages.

They want to solve the banana problem so that the US government can feed its FEMA prisoners not just corn, but banana fritters too.

• Advertisement

Martyr wrote: »
    Yes, because corporations are honest hard working people with integrity - absolutely.

GM companies want nothing more than to improve the lives of people in 3rd world countries where there are food shortages.

They want to solve the banana problem so that the US government can feed its FEMA prisoners not just corn, but banana fritters too.
    Again, no you have no verifiable evidence. Just an insistence that everything the government does is evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Martyr; KM and bonkey are making a fool of ya. You made initial statements, and now you're continually shifting the goalposts and when you are cornered on an issue, you simply reply:

LOL

Give it up.

Martyr; KM and bonkey are making a fool of ya. You made initial statements, and now you're continually shifting the goalposts and when you are cornered on an issue, you simply reply:

haha, really? i'm a fool am i? sure..

haha, really? i'm a fool am i? sure..

Well, I wouldn't say that you are a fool. Maybe I should have said that they are making you look foolish?

Anyway, it's cringe-worthy stuff, watching you squirm.

I'm trying to do ya a favour here.

:)

only a fool would try argue..

only a fool would try argue..

Especially when he has no support for his claim and a lack of understand about a topic.

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote:
    Especially when he has no support for his claim and a lack of understand about a topic.

pot, kettle, black..

pot, kettle, black..
    And pray tell what unsupported claims have I made exactly?
    I'm pretty sure most of my posts in this thread are asking you to back yours up.

But is this an admittion then that you have no evidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Stay away from govtrack. If you want to see the actual bills use the right site.

http://thomas.loc.gov

I had a quick scan through the bill and there is nothing stopping people from growing their own food. It is only if they are selling the food then they need to have the food checked, recall if dangerous and allowed food inspectors on site.

I don't see anything evil or sinister. Standard practise if your selling food.

First Lady making a garden that is supplying to a kitchen that public are eating from would fall under the bill. Again I don't see a problem with this.

As Bonkey says can you link to the actual part of the bill? Or better yet just read the bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok a few posts in the last while didnt need to be made. Any more will be deleted etc.

Hobbes, it was already made crystal clear by me that I was wrong, had you bothered to read all the posts.

I'm not wasting time explaining how Biotech companies are trying to destroy organic farming, if you don't already know, maybe you should start reading about it. here is good place to find all your evidence and proof.

Monsanto, a GM company was involved in drafting HR875 which is why I initially thought there was something sinister about it.

I should imagine you'll want "evidence" of this too, KM..why don't you go look it up.

Why the hell would I try argue with Bonkey, KM or you for that matter that GM companies have an agenda to control the food supply and squash all the little farmers left?

absolutely pointless.

• Advertisement

I'm not wasting time explaining how Biotech companies are trying to destroy organic farming, if you don't already know, maybe you should start reading about it. here is good place to find all your evidence and proof.
    Nice and neutral source there. Anything more substantial?
    Monsanto, a GM company was involved in drafting HR875 which is why I initially thought there was something sinister about it.
    And how do you know?
    I should imagine you'll want "evidence" of this too, KM..why don't you go look it up.
    Because you're making the claims you should be able to provide the evidence.

i already gave a link to the organic consumer website.
    i'm not discussing this anymore.

i already gave a link to the organic consumer website.
    i'm not discussing this anymore.
    Not like this is a discussion forum or anything.

yeah, but you see the thing is KM, you just like arguing for the sake of it.
    that site has all the evidence you could want.

you want me to spend time pasting links to more information, sorry..no time.

but its all there, if you're really that concerned, i'm convinced you just love asking the same question "where is your evidence" - and thats it..end of discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I've stayed out of this little bitch fest put I was wondering about a few things.

Isn't organic farming growing year on year? I've never in my life seen so much organic produce.

The Washington DC is full of lobbyists for all sorts of things. But you haven't explained why is would be in Monsanto's interest that food being sold to the consumer would need to be checked. There have been numerous food scares and I would imagine in general the people would welcome their food being of a high standard.
    Why the hell would I try argue with Bonkey, KM or you for that matter that GM companies have an agenda to control the food supply and squash all the little farmers left?

absolutely pointless.

You made a claim which other than some general scaremongering you can't back up. Even if you could show the the little farmers are being crushed but we can go to any market and see the extensive range of organic foods on offer which is the opposite to what you're suggesting.

It seems to me that it's absolutely pointless to go into a discussion forum and not be able to or refuse to discuss the topic you yourself started.

yeah, but you see the thing is KM, you just like arguing for the sake of it.
    that site has all the evidence you could want.

you want me to spend time pasting links to more information, sorry..no time.

but its all there, if you're really that concerned, i'm convinced you just love asking the same question "where is your evidence" - and thats it..end of discussion.
    Yep has nothing to do with the multiple unfounded claims you made.

King Mob wrote: »

Nice of you to cherrypick one line from the article, I thought we were against that sort of thing, but hey.

the bit that jumps out at me is that your beloved Peer review system is basicly the GM companies sendin the reports to 2 scientists that they select, but hey, at least they are following your beloved protocols rigorously.

as for evidence of hush ups, well I would call it first hand observation and you would call it 'anecdotal' so I wont bother, but I did work wit a teagasc rep in the mid 90's and I was aware of a few GM crop trials that were suddenly abandoned overnight without any explanation, but shur that means nothing, does it.

the teagasc lad is dead now but if you PM me I can give you his name and the office he worked in.

one of the trials involved sugarbeet, the other was carrots, I didnt see the beet being destroyed but I did drive our 'ZETOR' through the carrots one saturday with a subsoiler (that in itself should raise alarm bells), the carrots were then collected and incinerated and some more chemicals were pumped onto the land with a water tanker.

and no that would not be normal agricultural practice.

the only thing that ever came close to the same level of secrecy at home was when another farmer had his entire herd of cattle 'Disappeared' overnight at the height of the Foot and Mouth 'scare'

oh yes they had it, just wasnt in the papers!

Nice of you to cherrypick one line from the article, I thought we were against that sort of thing, but hey.
    So then there are instances of GM food being harmful to humans?
    the bit that jumps out at me is that your beloved Peer review system is basicly the GM companies sendin the reports to 2 scientists that they select, but hey, at least they are following your beloved protocols rigorously.
    Yes peer review is my God. Would you like to show some examples of this?
    as for evidence of hush ups, well I would call it first hand observation and you would call it 'anecdotal' so I wont bother, but I did work wit a teagasc rep in the mid 90's and I was aware of a few GM crop trials that were suddenly abandoned overnight without any explanation, but shur that means nothing, does it.
    Yes unless you're going to back up that claim with some verifiable it is anecdotal.

one of the trials involved sugarbeet, the other was carrots, I didnt see the beet being destroyed but I did drive our 'Zetor 18888 turbo crystal special' through the carrots one saturday with a subsoiler (that in itself should raise alarm bells), the carrots were then collected and incinerated and some more chemicals were pumped onto the land with a water tanker.

and no that would not be normal agricultural practice.
    Again unless you back this up it's not really evidence of anything.

the only thing that ever came close to the same level of secrecy at home was when another farmer had his entire herd of cattle 'Disappeared' overnight at the height of the Foot and Mouth 'scare'

oh yes they had it, just wasnt in the papers!
    I also heard of one farmer who had a GM crop that gave him superpowers. Of course it wasn't in the paper either.

are you in Ireland?

would you like to drive to Wexford and talk to my grandad or my brothers they were there too.

are you in Ireland?

would you like to drive to Wexford and talk to my grandad or my brothers they were there too.
    No I wouldn't, don't be ridiculous.
    Would you like to my Grandad's and hear all about Mr Kent down the road who could fly?

• Advertisement

so eye witness evidence means nothing to you?

and yeah if you live next door to a bloke who CAN fly then I'd love to meet him.

and yeah if you live next door to a bloke who CAN fly then I'd love to meet him.

There were loads of witnesses to the literal resurrection of Christ, Mohammed rising to heaven on a 'thingy', etc.

Doesn't make them true.

There were loads of witnesses to the literal resurrection of Christ, Mohammed rising to heaven on a 'thingy', etc.

i hope you've got something substantial to back this up.
    where is your evidence? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Doesn't make them true.

Ah the ressurection, now theres a conspiracy worth talking about.

Not when it's from the internet and has absolutely nothing else to support it.
    So even you need more than eye witness testimony for extraordinary claims?

i hope you've got something substantial to back this up.
    where is your evidence? :P

Oh...

Just a little thing called the BIBLE.

Oh yeah, I went there...

stories in the bible are largely from egyptian mythology/religion.

stories in the bible are largely from egyptian mythology/religion.

More broadly speaking; Sumerian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Hobbes, it was already made crystal clear by me that I was wrong, had you bothered to read all the posts.

Well I was expecting something a bit more concrete and first few posts seemed to go around in circles asking you for more info.

Like in a link to a bill you didn't read is proof something sinister is going on? Can you be a bit more precise in what you are stating?

To give you an example of your links ability to give the answer... Your wrong. You can start reading why here.

I mean your the one making the claims. You should at least be able to point to more exact evidence that you have read.

• Advertisement

King Mob, Flamed Diving, Hobbes

What can I say that would make you feel happy?

That I was wrong? Can't you see that I already did yesterday?
    What more do you want?

To say you were right? But I already said so when I said I was wrong.

Hobbes, you need to go read ALL the messages.
    You're not funny either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok lads less drama please.

Well, as I said already yesterday, I was wrong about this.

I had read a story on here:

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Monsanto-s-dream-bill-HR-by-Linn-Cohen-Cole-090309-337.html

HR 875, was introduced by Rosa DeLauro whose husband Stanley Greenburg works for Monsanto.

The bill is monstrous on level after level - the power it would give to Monsanto, the criminalization of seed banking, the prison terms and confiscatory fines for farmers, the 24 hours GPS tracking of their animals, the easements on their property to allow for warrantless government entry, the stripping away of their property rights, the imposition by the filthy, greedy industrial side of anti-farming international "industrial" standards to independent farms - the only part of our food system that still works, the planned elimination of farmers through all these means.

The corporations want the land, they want more intensive industrialization, they want the end of normal animals so they can substitute patented genetically engineered ones they own, they want the end of normal seeds and thus of seed banking by farmers or individuals. They want control over all seeds, animals, water, and land.

thats what i thought might have some credibility without doing further research.
    actually, monsanto are involved in privatisation of water resources, cloning of animals and of course seeds required to grow plants.

and why would i believe that GM companies are generally bad for the future?
    simply because of the stories i read on organicconsumer.org (a non profit organisation, unlike monsanto)

Percy Schmeiser is a farmer from Saskatchewan Canada, whose Canola fields were contaminated with Monsanto's genetically engineered Round-Up Ready Canola by pollen from a nearby farm. Monsanto says it doesn't matter how the contamination took place, and is therefore demanding Schmeiser pay their Technology Fee (the fee farmers must pay to grow Monsanto's genetically engineered products). According to Schmeiser, "I never had anything to do with Monsanto, outside of buying chemicals. I never signed a contract.

If I would go to St. Louis (Monsanto Headquarters) and contaminate their plots - destroy what they have worked on for 40 years - I think I would be put in jail and the key thrown away."

http://www.percyschmeiser.com/conflict.htm

Monsanto's GE Seeds are Pushing US Agriculture into Bankruptcy
    Genetically engineered crops are causing an economic disaster for farmers in the U.S. So says a new report released by Britain's Soil Association. The report is a massive compilation of data showing GE crops have cost American taxpayers $12 billion in farm subsidies in the past three years. "Within a few years of the introduction of GM crops, almost the entire $300 million annual US maize exports to the EU had disappeared, and the US share of the soya market had decreased," the report said. In addition, the study says that GE crops have lead to an increased use of pesticides, while resulting in overall lower crop yields.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/patent/exposed091702.cfm

there are plenty of articles online against genetic engineering, if some bothered to read about it.

DeLauro introduced HR 875, the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009, on February 4th 2009. The bill would create a new agency within the Department of Health and Human Services to regulate food production. Critics charge that it would place restrictive regulatory encumbrances on backyard gardening and small-scale organic agriculture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_DeLauro

DeLauro is married to Stan Greenburg who has monsanto as a corporate client.

these link back to the opednews link mentioned earlier..

As our government hands over billions to Wall Street bankers, jobless Americans live in tent cities and collect food stamps in record numbers. Now when we need it the most, growing our own food may be against the law and punishable by a fine of up to $1,000,000. Think I’m joking? Meet Bill HR 875, The Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009, introduced by Rosa DeLauro whose husband Stanley Greenburg works for Monsanto. The insanity doesn’t stop there—fishing boats, hotdog stands, neighborhood vegetable booths and farmers’ markets will be federally regulated under the same draconian law. As always, the spin is designed to make you (the public) believe these new provisions are for your own good. Under the deceitful guise of protection, the goal of this bill is crystal clear: to prevent us from locally growing our own food so multinational agribusiness can completely control the production and distribution of our food supply. I refer you to the usual suspects—Monsanto, ADM, Sodexo, Tyson, and Smithfield.

http://blog.friendseat.com/rosa-delauro-hates-small-farms1/

okay, here are some indicators that GM food aint so good:
    Accumulating evidence on the health hazards of GM food and feed
    1. Between 2005 and 2006, scientists at the Russian Academy of Sciences reported that female rats fed glyphosate-tolerant GM soybeans produced excessive numbers of severely stunted pups and more than half of the litter dying within three weeks, while the surviving pups are completely sterile (see main article).
    2. Between 2004 and 2005, hundreds of farm workers and cotton handlers in Madhya Pradesh, India, suffered allergy symptoms from exposure to Bt cotton [5] ( More Illnesses Linked to Bt Crops , SiS 30).
    3. Between 2005 and 2006, thousands of sheep died after grazing on Bt cotton crop residues in four villages in the Warangal district of Andhra Pradesh in India [6] ( Mass Deaths in Sheep Grazing on Bt Cotton , SiS 30).
    4. In 2005, scientists at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization in Canberra Australia tested a transgenic pea containing a normally harmless protein in bean (alpha-amylase inhibitor 1), and found it caused inflammation in the lungs of mice and provoked sensitivities to other proteins in the diet [7] ( Transgenic Pea that Made Mice Ill , SiS 29)
    5. From 2002 to 2005, scientists at the Universities of Urbino, Perugia and Pavia in Italy published reports indicating that GM-soya fed to young mice affected cells in the pancreas, liver and testes [8] ( GM Ban Long Overdue , SiS 29)
    6. In 2003, villagers in the south of the Philippines suffered mysterious illnesses when a Monsanto Bt maize hybrid came into flower; antibodies to the Bt protein were found in the villagers, there have been at least five unexplained deaths and some remain ill to this day [8]
    7. In 2004, Monsanto's secret research dossier showed that rats fed MON863 GM maize developed serious kidney and blood abnormalities [9] (see main text).
    8. Between 2001 and 2002, a dozen cows died in Hesse Germany after eating Syngenta GM maize Bt176, and more in the herd had to be slaughtered from mysterious illnesses [10] ( Cows Ate GM Maize & Died , SiS 21)
    9. In 1998, Dr . Arpad Pusztai and colleagues formerly of the Rowett Institute in Scotland reported damage in every organ system of young rats fed GM potatoes containing snowdrop lectin, including a stomach lining twice as thick as controls [11]
    10. Also in 1998, scientists in Egypt found similar effects in the gut of mice fed Bt potato [12]
    11. The US Food and Drug Administration had data dating back to early 1990s showing that rats fed GM tomatoes with antisense gene to delay ripening had developed small holes in their stomach [11]
    12. In 2002, Aventis company (later Bayer Cropscience) submitted data to UK regulators showing that chickens fed glufosinate-tolerant GM maize Chardon LL were twice as likely to die compared with controls [13] ( Animals Avoid GM Food, for Good Reasons , SiS 21 ).
    Many varieties of GM crops - soybean, tomato, maize, cotton, potato, pea - with different transgenes, fed to rats, mice, cows, sheep, chickens, or human beings, resulted in illnesses and deaths. The obvious suspect is the GM process and/or the artificial genetic material used. It is worth mentioning here that synthetic approximations of the natural genes are invariably used, and in new combinations that have no counterparts in billions of years of evolution.
    Numerous publications from the Institute of Science in Society have spelt out the potential dangers of the GM process based on extensive review of the scientific literature (see Box 2) [14-16, for example] ( FAQ on Genetic Engineering , ISIS Tutorial; Special Safety Concerns of Transgenic Agriculture and Related Issues , ISIS Briefing; GMO Free: Exposing the Hazards of Biotechnology to Ensure the Integrity of our Food Supply , ISP Report),.
    Box 2
    Potential Hazards of GMOs
    • Synthetic genes and gene products new to evolution could be toxic and/or immunogenic for humans and other animals
    • Genetic modification represents greatly enhanced and facilitated horizontal gene transfer and recombination, the main route to creating pathogens responsible for major disease epidemics
    • GM DNA consists of antibiotic resistance marker genes as well as copies of genes from many viral and bacterial pathogens, which further increases the likelihood that it will transfer horizontally and recombine to create new pathogens and spread antibiotic resistance in the process
    • The uncontrollable, imprecise process involved in making GMOs can generate unintended toxic and immunogenic products, a problem exacerbated by the instability of the transgenic varieties
    • Endogenous viruses and viral genes that cause diseases could be activated by the transgenic process
    • The GM DNA, enormously amplified in GMOs released into the environment, is readily transferred to other species via pollen, or by direct uptake into cells of all organisms interacting with the GMOs, within the GMOs themselves, in the soil, the water and the gut of animals feeding on the GMOs, providing plenty of opportunity for horizontal gene transfer and recombination to create new pathogens and spread antibiotic resistance
    • GM DNA is designed to integrate into genomes; unintended integration of GM DNA into the genome of cells of animals including humans can result in harmful insertion mutagenesis including those that trigger cancer
    • Herbicide tolerant GM crops accumulate herbicide and herbicide residues that could be highly toxic

Anyone who thinks Monsanto are in favour of food safety requires further reading methinks.

Try here:
    http://www.i-sis.org.uk/GMFoodNightmareUnfolding.php

Looks like De Lauro was faciltating Obama's Zionist puppetmaster Emanuel to dodge tax. He was working out of the her basement in her house. See how all these lovely people come together.

and also,
    A further complexity involves DeLauro's husband, Stan Greenberg, an old friend of Emanuel's whose firm had done polling work for an Emanuel campaign committee and for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, which Emanuel headed in 2005 and 2006.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/chi-emanuel_feb24,0,6696332.story

By all means though keep your heads in the sand and enjoy your GM meal, its safe because they told you so.

• Advertisement

Yeah some have a backbone.

Kinda typical approach though. Pick holes, ignore stronger points , Look for proof, attack proof, never back down...No offence though.

seriously can you tell me GM food is preferable? And this bill will not put smaller family farms out of business? its comply or say goodbye.

Yeah some have a backbone.
    Or some are crap scientists?
    Kinda typical approach though. Pick holes, ignore stronger points , Look for proof, attack proof, never back down...No offence though.
    Or show how the scientist in question believes in stuff that has no basis as well as a bit of an agenda?
    Not to mention the fact than this site isn't peer reviewed?
    Or that it's the work of one scientist?

Are you actually critically reviewing the claims she make or just accepting them?
    seriously can you tell me GM food is preferable? And this bill will not put smaller family farms out of business? its comply or say goodbye.
    Because GM corps can produce bigger yield and are more resistant to disease.
    And there is nothing in the bill (which has yet to pass BTW) that would adversely effect small farmers.
    Can you please point out exactly where in the bill that section is?

(1) visit and inspect food production facilities in the United States and in foreign countries to determine if they are operating in compliance with the requirements of the food safety law

(c) Program Elements- In carrying out the program, the Administrator shall-

(2) adopt and implement a national system for regular unannounced inspection of food establishments;
    SEC. 206

(b) Inspection of Records- A food production facility shall permit the Administrator upon presentation of appropriate credentials and at reasonable times and in a reasonable manner, to have access to and ability to copy all records maintained by or on behalf of such food production establishment in any format (including paper or electronic) and at any location, that are necessary to assist the Administrator

(c) (2) require each food production facility to have a written food safety plan that describes the likely hazards and preventive controls implemented to address those hazards SEC. 210

(1) STANDARDS- The Administrator shall establish standards for the type of information, format, and timeframe for food production facilities and food establishments to submit records to aid the Administrator in effectively retrieving the history, use, and location of an item of food.

(3) AVAILABILITY OF RECORDS FOR INSPECTION- Any records that are required by the Administrator under this section shall be available for inspection by the Administrator upon oral or written request.

Control

(c) (3) (3) include, with respect to growing, harvesting, sorting, and storage operations, minimum standards related to fertilizer use, nutrients, hygiene, packaging, temperature controls, animal encroachment, and water;

(c) (4) include, with respect to animals raised for food, minimum standards related to the animal’s health, feed, and environment which bear on the safety of food for human consumption;

The end of raw milk. This is the FDA position on Raw Milk.
    http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2004/504_milk.html

Raw Milk
    http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/raw_milk_health_benefits.html

Okay you get the message. It will give federal control over all food producers down to the smallest which goes against the fourth amendment
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
    It will make small farmers life so burdensome, inpections, licenses, penalties etc so as to make it not a worthwhile pursuit .

What was the question again?

(1) visit and inspect food production facilities in the United States and in foreign countries to determine if they are operating in compliance with the requirements of the food safety law

(c) Program Elements- In carrying out the program, the Administrator shall-

(2) adopt and implement a national system for regular unannounced inspection of food establishments;
    SEC. 206

(b) Inspection of Records- A food production facility shall permit the Administrator upon presentation of appropriate credentials and at reasonable times and in a reasonable manner, to have access to and ability to copy all records maintained by or on behalf of such food production establishment in any format (including paper or electronic) and at any location, that are necessary to assist the Administrator

(c) (2) require each food production facility to have a written food safety plan that describes the likely hazards and preventive controls implemented to address those hazards SEC. 210

(1) STANDARDS- The Administrator shall establish standards for the type of information, format, and timeframe for food production facilities and food establishments to submit records to aid the Administrator in effectively retrieving the history, use, and location of an item of food.

(3) AVAILABILITY OF RECORDS FOR INSPECTION- Any records that are required by the Administrator under this section shall be available for inspection by the Administrator upon oral or written request.

Control

(c) (3) (3) include, with respect to growing, harvesting, sorting, and storage operations, minimum standards related to fertilizer use, nutrients, hygiene, packaging, temperature controls, animal encroachment, and water;

(c) (4) include, with respect to animals raised for food, minimum standards related to the animal’s health, feed, and environment which bear on the safety of food for human consumption;

The end of raw milk. This is the FDA position on Raw Milk.
    http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2004/504_milk.html

Raw Milk
    http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/raw_milk_health_benefits.html

Okay you get the message. It will give federal control over all food producers down to the smallest which goes against the fourth amendment
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
    It will make small farmers life so burdensome, inpections, licenses, penalties etc so as to make it not a worthwhile pursuit .

What was the question again?
    Pasteurisation makes milk safer. Do you just accept any claim if it anti establishment?
    How many small farmers rely on raw milk exactly?
    Why would the NWO want to ban raw milk if it so good for you?

There's nothing that gives the government control over all food production.
    Random health inspections aren't a new concept either as far as I know and they don't violate the fourth amendment.

And why exactly would it small farmers life so burdensome?

And of course it is yet to pass.

• Advertisement
Advertisement