Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Eircom and Line retal

Options
  • 29-03-2009 5:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Can you tell me if I can get broadband from eircom even thought I have a phone service and pay line rental to Perlico

Or do I have to change over line rental and phone service to eircom to get there broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brandaan

Hi there,
    Eircom do not sell "naked" Broadband packages, i.e. without line rental. You would therefore have to move back to eircom for line rental as well. You are more than likely an eircom wholesale customer anyway, as Perlico are selling a rebadged eircom service. There will therefore be no quality difference in broadband service between them.
    Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

Brandaan wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Eircom do not sell "naked" Broadband packages, i.e. without line rental. You would therefore have to move back to eircom for line rental as well. You are more than likely an eircom wholesale customer anyway, as Perlico are selling a rebadged eircom service. There will therefore be no quality difference in broadband service between them.
    Hope this helps!

Thnaks for your reply Brandann,

I use my DSL line for gameing and perlico and alot of smaller isp do not peer in the London inex but Eircom do and the are alot lets hops with eircom to the uk servers so that is why I want to got to eircom for DSL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You can switch your rental back to eircom and get broadband with them, and then just use Perlico for calls. You don't have to switch over the line rental to Perlico, or so I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

As far as I know you can keep your Perlico and still get eircom broadband on the line. I would just contact eircom.

Advertisement