Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With Garage Floor Ideas

Options
  • 29-03-2009 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi, over the last week I have converted my garage from being a garage to a Pool Room.
    All is ok, but the floor is slightly uneven/bumpy(its old concrete), and I was wondering what options do I have to smoothening it out?
    I have very little knowledge in this area, so if anyone could give me a few ideas for it, it would help me greatly.
    Thanks in advance
    Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Use self levelling compound.
    Got in any builders providers, mix to instruction and brush it around it is very liquidy and thus self levelling. You will then have a nice smooth even surface for your floorcovering of choice!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

pjjk wrote: »
    Hi, over the last week I have converted my garage from being a garage to a Pool Room.
    All is ok, but the floor is slightly uneven/bumpy(its old concrete), and I was wondering what options do I have to smoothening it out?
    I have very little knowledge in this area, so if anyone could give me a few ideas for it, it would help me greatly.
    Thanks in advance
    Patrick

Hilti tools have a machine for polishing/grinding concrete called a DG150, if your floor is just rough you might be able to hire one for a day to smoothen out the floor.

Advertisement