Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capturing tape problem

Options
  • 29-03-2009 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So I recorded a film on a shoulder mounted Sony HVR-HD1000E, its mini DV
    Anyway I need to capture it the computer now for editing but I don't have the camera any more. If I capture it using a small mini DV camera will the quality be the same or will there be any issues? Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Should be no problem quality wise - what format did you capture at? hdv or standard def - cos if you went hdv you will need a another hdv camcorder to play it back

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

It was shot in standard definition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

The quality wont be the same but it should still work ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What? Of course it'll play back on a different camera, and it'll be the same quality pretty much, as long as it's been recorded properly.

Lump wrote: »
    What? Of course it'll play back on a different camera, and it'll be the same quality pretty much, as long as it's been recorded properly.

i know from experience stuff shot on a canon camera might not p;lay back on a a sony camera and vice versa

• Advertisement

Bob Z wrote: »
    i know from experience stuff shot on a canon camera might not p;lay back on a a sony camera and vice versa

you what? thats sounds more like if the recording camera was set to long play (lp/ep depending on camera setting) -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Bob Z wrote: »

OP stated that material is recorded Standard Definition. Therefore it's regular DV (unless sony-specific DVCam was selected) and should therefore playback on any DV camcorder and deck.

If you know your excat recording format, you can figure out your playback options.

Peter

decob wrote: »
    you what? thats sounds more like if the recording camera was set to long play (lp/ep depending on camera setting) -

No both cameras were set to normal play widescreen 16 bit audio. I know there is no reason why they should not work but they didnt. When it first happened i thought the tapes were faulty and a couple of days filmming was ruined. but they werent. It happened again recently with another set of sony and canon cameras so i now the fault wast with any one camera

Well if both camera are set to record as minidv (and not dvcam on the sony) they should playback off either camera. If one won't play back on the other camera - sounds like one of the cameras has misaligned tape heads.

decob wrote: »
    Well if both camera are set to record as minidv (and not dvcam on the sony) they should playback off either camera. If one won't play back on the other camera - sounds like one of the cameras has misaligned tape heads.

It happened with 2 different sets of cameras eg 2 canons and 2 sonys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement