Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lesbian kiss cut from home and away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭sxt

Its been done before and there was no fuss made when Rosie and Pepper kissed in aussie drama neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What time does H&W air on Aussie telly?

Around 7 or 730pm iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

They already aired a girl-on-girl kiss a few weeks ago. The difference being that the kiss between the policewoman and the boat-worker involves two people who have feelings for each other. Also, one of these characters is involved in a rape storyline. I'd be interested to know how many complaints "family friendly" Home and Away received about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

They already aired a girl-on-girl kiss a few weeks ago. The difference being that the kiss between the policewoman and the boat-worker involves two people who have feelings for each other. Also, one of these characters is involved in a rape storyline. I'd be interested to know how many complaints "family friendly" Home and Away received about that.

We need to have a chat about how you know these things ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Boston wrote: »
    We need to have a chat about how you know these things ;)
    Go back to reading your comics, love.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Years ago I believe ITV cut out a bunch of scenes from H&A featuring one girl's [Shannon - Ali G's girlfriend] apparent crush on an older woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Now they have had to censor a kiss following pressure from conservative groups.
    It's just a kiss-I think the decision is crazy and in fact surprising when you consider Sydney is probably one of the most gay friendly open cities in the world.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a151099/lesbian-kiss-cut-from-home-and-away.html

Sydney is very gay friendly but Australia at large is not necessarily. Even in Sydney there are pockets of heavy resistance to the powerfully gay friendly culture there. Australia, like Ireland, is not all that is seems :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

i cant believe they were going mad over a feckin kiss like. how sad are they! even if it was 2 guys like? so what!!!!

im a straight make, obviously females kissing is always welcome lol. but even if it was 2 guys like so what! its only a kiss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

its only a kiss
    Exactly the point, why couldn't it be aired?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

A backwards step for humanity. Censoring a kiss really is over the top.

not that I watch Home and Away of course! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

It wasn't censored:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a152156/home-and-away-screen-second-lesbian-kiss.html
    The first kiss, which went to air in Australia last Tuesday, drew in 1.194 million viewers, a spike of 58,000 viewers from the previous episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jaaam

I haven't watched Home and Away in years (are Shane and Angel still in it? Tom Fletcher? Celia? Ailsa?) Ok... maybe I still occasionally watch it. But only if somebody is, like, forcing me to. I'm not familiar with these lesbian characters though. I'm guessing that they're very good looking, at least one of them is straight/bi/confused and the whole purpose of the storyline is to titillate and generate a bit of hype. I suppose the point I'm making is that the motives for the storyline are probably every bit as pernicious as those of the conservatives who oppose it.

channel five showed the kiss in full today.T'was nothing much then roll credits and that song...
    The episode will be on Rte tomorrow [wenesday].

Advertisement