Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible noob qustions RE: DiSEQ switches

• 29-03-2009 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine has a 4 satellite DiSEQ set up (13E, 19E 28E and 42 E) and wants to add Eurobird 9 (9 Deg East) but the current DiSEQ switch he is using has only four ports.

Is there such thing as a six port DiSEQ switch (His reciever has six diseq settings 1,2,3,4,Mini A and Mini B) or do we have to go the motorised route ?

Also anyone know what is the recommended dish size for Eurobird 9 in Belfast

Also (suspect this is a really n0bb question but no harm asking) is it possible to daisy chain Diseq switches

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭RimaNTSS

There are 1/8, 1/10 and even 1/16 Diseqs available on the market, for example here h t t p://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?id_kateg=5&id_pkateg=45&id=284. It is also possible to cascade one 1/4 diseq after another, but those devices should have different protocols. Look here h t t p://www.satlex.us/en/1participant.html I have cascaded 1/10 diseq after 1/4 and have connected 13 LNBs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Would an average FTA reciever (A Manhattan Plaza ST100 in my Friends case) support a 16 way Diseq switch ? There only seems to be six options listed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭RimaNTSS

I think it is posiible to do like that:
    22khz switches and DiSEq switches can work well together, with one restriction, the 22khz switch must come AFTER the DiSEq switch.
    So you can hook one 22khz switch to two LNBs then hook the output of the 22khz switch to port 1 on the DiSEq switch. So instead of 4 LNBs you could have 5 LNBs hooked up, you can add a 22khz switch to each DiSEqC port for a total of 8 LNBs hooked up to one receiver.
    Source http://ezinearticles.com/?Understand-DISEQ-FTA-Switches&id=2100101
    Or with 12v relay http://www.satlex.us/en/1participant-type_conf_1p_6s_12v.html
    I did not try any of those methods, so do not tell that I am guilty :D

Advertisement