Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tahini

• 29-03-2009 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

where can i buy tahini?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Any asian supermarket

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Clonskeagh. The Mosque. Good shop in there for that sort of stuff. Olives, cheese, tahini of course, BIG jars of chillies for next to nothing etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Saruman wrote: »
    Any asian supermarket

+1- saw it in several asian markets in Dublin yesterday, might be under 'sesame paste' as well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

the donnybrook fair shops sell it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

or any wholefood shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

It's very easy to make it yourself, provided you have a food processor. I've tried it with a mortar and pestle but couldn't get the seeds ground down fine enough. Just toast some sesame seeds in a dry frying pan, or on a baking sheet in the oven @ 180c for 5-10mins, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, but not brown. Process until smooth, trickling in some vegetable oil or olive oil and some hot water until it's loose enough to drop easily from a spoon. Add salt and lemon juice to taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I got mine in superquinn. It wouldnt scan so i got it for free :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Any health food shop I'd imagine, but +1 on the DIY appoach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Be careful though .. if you don't use it much (and I don't really) it separates out with the oil on top, and the solid part underneath can be like concrete to get stirred up and remixed with the oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

I want to make my own hummus and tahini is listed on a lot of the recipes for hummus. can anyone tell me the nutritional info, if they have a jar to hand?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Parnassia

I want to make my own hummus and tahini is listed on a lot of the recipes for hummus. can anyone tell me the nutritional info, if they have a jar to hand?

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3142/2

Advertisement