Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCHSS results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭the-jojo-axiom

Dowdy wrote: »
    I guess that leaves me as the nerd. This wait is playing havoc with my allergies, and my nose just started bleeding for no reason.

revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 12 potoftea

I'm with you Pieye...and as an already accomplished and recognised jewel thief with proven accomplishments in the pursuance of jewel thievery I feel I would be a most suitable applicant for the award of...aaargh! I've lapsed into application drivle. When will it all end!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

potoftea wrote: »
    I'm with you Pieye...and as an already accomplished and recognised jewel thief with proven accomplishments in the pursuance of jewel thievery I feel I would be a most suitable applicant for the award of...aaargh! I've lapsed into application drivle. When will it all end!

Hahaha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 pieye

Having almost all the members of the team, nay the Jock and the Bad Boy, I think I have a better more logical[i.e. passive aggressive], how about we all send the IRCHSS letters stating that it has been selected for different international award scheme awards and that the winner will be announced soon.... each week coming up with preposterous reasons for delay. The awards should be for organisational efficiencies and the ability to send emails[made sound more official, pot of tea if you can get your application mode to spit up a couple of empty, yet impressive sounding syllables that would work], keep it up till next year when we can use Dowdy's hay fever related nose bleeds to send one last bloody letter claiming all award scheme awards had been reduced,WITH PREJUDICE, due to the recession.

The plan needs to be thought through a little, and does involve what the Americans would term wire fraud... and the last letter probably is going a little far on the build up... but it's a good plan, and where less likely to get sued by John Huges.

I concur wholeheartedly, and my mathematical models calculate that we have a 27% chance of success. Excelsior!

The excitement is making my rashes flare up. Where's my ointment Mother? It was right here, next to my model of the USS Enterprise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 stcarrol

I emailed IRCHSS this morning asking will they post out the letters this week and they sent back this reply:

"We hope to be in a position to announce the results of the Scheme later this week. We are currently awaiting official approval from the DES and once we have this we can send them out immediately. Applicants will be notified via email if there is any further delay."

On Monday they said:

"We hope to announce the awards later this week."

They were very quick to reply but it's still a bit annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 47 _hybrid_

the were quick to reply because that is a generic email, probably computer generated, looks like it mightn't have been updated since earlier in the week so you'd never know...today?im sitting at home here waiting for the postman...come on

Jesus... Later in the week? It's Thursday for christ's sake, there's only one day of 'later' left in the week! Bloody Dept. of Education and Science, damn their eyes.

I wonder should I send a mail to the DES for the craic? See why they're taking so long? Ah, what's the point.

Let us know if the postie has anything for you anyway!

postman brought nothing anyway......AAAAAAAHHHHH!

Jesus... Later in the week? It's Thursday for christ's sake, there's only one day of 'later' left in the week! Bloody Dept. of Education and Science, damn their eyes.

I wonder should I send a mail to the DES for the craic? See why they're taking so long? Ah, what's the point.

Let us know if the postie has anything for you anyway!

I'd say ring the DES altogether, the feckers are always dragging the heels. An angry phonecall won't really speed things up, but you'll feel better!!

• Advertisement

I called the DES, where absolutely none of them had herd of the IRCHSS, and hearing the word grant come from my lips sent me to the student grants department... which wasn't that productive and recommended I get back in touch with the IRCHSS... repeat loop. It was starting to feel like,
    Someone must have been telling lies about pieye, he knew he had
    done nothing wrong but, one morning, h[is post didn't come].

So I'm going to the park:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Mr dissidence

pieye wrote: »
    I called the DES, where absolutely none of them had herd of the IRCHSS, and hearing the word grant come from my lips sent me to the student grants department... which wasn't that productive and recommended I get back in touch with the IRCHSS... repeat loop. It was starting to feel like,
    Someone must have been telling lies about pieye, he knew he had
    done nothing wrong but, one morning, h[is post didn't come].

So I'm going to the park:)

Oh for god's sake!
    Just let us know!

check ye're emails, what a load of kack,guess that means we won't hear tomorrow

Post deleted by user.

"privileged and confidential" lads and lassies. I suppose I'll just say I am annoyed about something.

_hybrid_ wrote: »
    check ye're emails, what a load of kack,guess that means we won't hear tomorrow

aaaaaaaargh!!! an email now, after all this time...they're clearly taking the piss at this stage.

What email? I've received nothing!

Could someone tell me what the email said? Cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 stcarrol

Dear Scholarship Applicant,

Further to your application to the IRCHSS Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2009 you will be aware that the IRCHSS had indicated that applicants would be informed of the outcome of the scheme by the middle of May.

The International Assessment Board has now met and the outcome of its deliberations has been conveyed to the Research Council and the Department of Education and Science. While the Research Council has accepted the International Board’s recommendations we are awaiting final sign-off from the Department of Education and Science.

As stated in the Terms and Conditions, and once sanction has been received from the Department, applicants will be informed by letter of the outcome. I regret that the IRCHSS secretariat cannot discuss the results of the scheme over the telephone.

Yours sincerely,

Tim Conlon
    Director (Acting)

stcarrol wrote: »
    Dear Scholarship Applicant,

Further to your application to the IRCHSS Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2009 you will be aware that the IRCHSS had indicated that applicants would be informed of the outcome of the scheme by the middle of May.

The International Assessment Board has now met and the outcome of its deliberations has been conveyed to the Research Council and the Department of Education and Science. While the Research Council has accepted the International Board’s recommendations we are awaiting final sign-off from the Department of Education and Science.

As stated in the Terms and Conditions, and once sanction has been received from the Department, applicants will be informed by letter of the outcome. I regret that the IRCHSS secretariat cannot discuss the results of the scheme over the telephone.

Yours sincerely,

Tim Conlon
    Director (Acting)

Thanks, wonder why I got no email . . .:(

• Advertisement

Well, knowing them they most likely typed your email in wrong.

Don't fret (more than you already are) !!!

Well, knowing them they most likely typed your email in wrong.

Don't fret (more than you already are) !!!

I know you're right! That email gives no indication as to when the results will be available. It worries me that the Ed department are dragging their heels (I am sensing a budget cut or something!)

I know you're right! That email gives no indication as to when the results will be available. It worries me that the Ed department are dragging their heels (I am sensing a budget cut or something!)

Oh god, don't say that, it might come true!! *sticks head in sand and waits for Mr. Postie*

Don't worry once you got the letter end of march start of April... I don't get emails from lists all the time, usually they get held up in the server and appear week or so later.

I'm sure the DES just had to do some caddying for Donie Cassidy....

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0516/1224246701307.html

If only we where so important.

Well lads and lassies, any post-related news this morning, or are postal disappointments transpiring as predicted?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 potoftea

Well lads and lassies, any post-related news this morning, or are postal disappointments transpiring as predicted?

The post-related news this morning is that, as predicted, there was no IRCHSS post. And yet, I still checked it...just in case :rolleyes:

pieye wrote: »
    Don't worry once you got the letter end of march start of April... I don't get emails from lists all the time, usually they get held up in the server and appear week or so later.

I'm sure the DES just had to do some caddying for Donie Cassidy....

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0516/1224246701307.html

If only we where so important.

True

Any post today? I really should stop doing this, but I'm going mental here at work every day, waiting on news...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lagreene

Any post today? I really should stop doing this, but I'm going mental here at work every day, waiting on news...

Not for me anyway, maybe tomorrow.....:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 room101

The IRCHSS is saying it is going to be 10 to 14 days.

Advertisement