Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribal Warfare Results

Options
  • 29-03-2009 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

good show, great crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Drunkmonkey79

A white wash for the TW Shield, fair play. Heard it was a great show, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

A white wash for the TW Shield, fair play. Heard it was a great show, well done.
    We got the white wash but it certainly wasn't easy. All three went to decision if I remember correctly and all three were very competitive. Dermots guys are all coming on fast. I think we'll see good things from that club in the future. Great show overall I have to say, I'll write more later when I have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Excellent night out. I really enjoyed the event. There was a great crowd there too. Congrats on a hugely successful night Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 859 ✭✭✭BobbyOLeary

Fantastic night, well done Mark. My friends and I had a great view all night though from the looks of the black box any seat would have afforded a brilliant view. Fight of the night for me was the main event, I'd heard of Ben Davis before but he was a much better fighter than I expected.

One thing of note; the refereeing from Dave Jones was top class. I'd never been to a domestic MMA show before, I've trained in BJJ and MMA for the last couple of years but I've only ever gone to Cage Rage Contenders. He kept the action going pretty well in all the fights I saw, fighters weren't left in a stalemate for very long so it kept the fights more interesting.

I'll definitely go again, I'm not all that interested in MMA fight shows but I had a great time at the Black Box and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to see what the domestic guys are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Another great event Mark!

Some great fights,good matchmaking going on there. Main event was brilliant.Back and forth,real exciting.

Roper, Hope you weren't hurry (thought you got the knee bar but then it got a bit tangled and looked like an old WWF figure4 and it was all over).Hope it wasn't a heel hook (if they are legal?)

Great event !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Roper, Hope you weren't hurry (thought you got the knee bar but then it got a bit tangled and looked like an old WWF figure4 and it was all over).Hope it wasn't a heel hook (if they are legal?)
    Nothing like a heel hook thankfully. It was a calf crusher which is a pain compliance sub. It hurt but I wasn't going to tap, but then I tried to sit up and my knee almost went so I nearly tapped. Then I thought I was okay and sat up and my knee did go so then I tapped like it was going out of fashion.

Stiff, sore and bit wobbly on my feet ( I wanted to walk like a man out of the cage on my own and nearly went on my ear stepping down!) today but the actual knee is intact and no permanent damage thankfully which is the best I could hope for in the circumstances. Apparently it went out and back in again which happened to me before in a TKD tournament years ago.

Great event. The Galway vs. Limerick Shield was a great idea, the crowd loved it and the atmosphere was great for the whole thing. The main event was a great fight I thought Ben was buried in the first but he pulled it out of the fire. Super crowd and a great atmosphere. The Black box is a great fight show venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Karatekrazy

why wasn't tim murphy fighting?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

why wasn't tim murphy fighting?:confused:
    Who needs to fight when one is simply presented with belts? :pac:

I'm hoping to be fighting again in the next one. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hiromatsu22

"A shot that would take down a fascist regime" - the trip was totally worth it for that gem! Might want to give the MC a quick rehearsal before the next one though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

"A shot that would take down a fascist regime" - the trip was totally worth it for that gem! Might want to give the MC a quick rehearsal before the next one though...

Paul had a few troubles getting into announcer mode, but I thought all in all he did well. I am a tough act to follow (I think :) ) so he was going to be fighting uphill anyways. After a shaky start he started to get the hang of it.

Needless to say I wrote his cue cards, and I was totally right about Diarmuid's shot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Paul had a few troubles getting into announcer mode, but I thought all in all he did well. I am a tough act to follow (I think :) ) so he was going to be fighting uphill anyways. After a shaky start he started to get the hang of it.

Needless to say I wrote his cue cards, and I was totally right about Diarmuid's shot :)
    I can testify to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

Will there be a DVD released covering the show or will the fights be on Youtube or the TW website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

rondog wrote: »
    Will there be a DVD released covering the show or will the fights be on Youtube or the TW website?
    On the TW site hopefully +7 days from the show.

Advertisement