Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft points.

• 29-03-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭

Got 2100pts today 22e. Is this a good deal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Where did you get them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Where did you get them?
    game are currently selling them for that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Its not bad. Saved youself about €2.50. I just bought 4200 for €38 on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

greenman09 wrote: »
    Got 2100pts today 22e. Is this a good deal?

From bricks and mortar its a decent price might do better online but i doubt by much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Yeah game. Would rather have them straight away than wait hrs or days from a site. For some reason cudnt do it through xbox. Something to do with location????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

curses i paid €24 for 2000 live last week :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

E19.35 on ebay , i got 2100 on friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,329 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

got 4200 for €39 or there abouts on gamesbite.com. The price listed is £29.99 but they don't include VAT until checkout so that was another fiver :mad: bought them anyway though

Lads having a bit of bother d/l cod5maps. Says its not available in my location. Have my address in dublin on billin add. Postcode also from the north which it asked for originally. Not sure what i have to do. Tried changing profile info but nothing happening. Is there a default postcode ppl are using

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

I got MS points the other day to download new maps on COD5. When i started to download the maps it came back with a error, The new maps size are 430mb so it would take at least around 20mins to download this.I tried on numerous occasions to get a game going on new maps to no avail. it says that maps are already downloaded when i select them again. And it has taken the 800 points. Should i be able to locate downloaded maps on my xbox?

Anyone else have this issue?

Regards,
    Rob

• Advertisement

You go into the game and it wont ask for to download them. Try playing a death match on the map pack area. Another thing. What do ppl buy with these points? Have few points 1850 and dont know what to d/l. Dont wanna get just anything. Have the map pack for cod5 and dont want films i can get on sky anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Arcade games

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Get Death Tank and Geometry Wars and never be bored again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I got MS points the other day to download new maps on COD5. When i started to download the maps it came back with a error, The new maps size are 430mb so it would take at least around 20mins to download this.I tried on numerous occasions to get a game going on new maps to no avail. it says that maps are already downloaded when i select them again. And it has taken the 800 points. Should i be able to locate downloaded maps on my xbox?

Anyone else have this issue?

Regards,
    Rob
    If it didn't download properly for you you could try your download history on the console (account settings) and select download again, or check it online and try to queue it up again. (It won't charge you again if it has already taken the points, because you have already bought it).

Link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/myAccount/PurchaseHistory.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

Cheers Fingelberries,

Yeah i actually was messing around with it last night and got it downloaded again.

Cheers for the help everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rubyroe1

you have any microsoft points going spare I'd get Peggle it's very addictive..it's something like the old arcade game puzzle bobble mixed with pinball try it...sometimes you need a break from cod5 ye know.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

With my student discount I just got 4200 MS points for €36 in HMV. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

rubyroe1 wrote: »
    you have any microsoft points going spare I'd get Peggle it's very addictive

Seconded! Peggle is brill, highly addictive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Just a heads up to anyone who wants to buy points, zavvi.co.uk are selling 4200 for £28.90. Add 2x 2100 pts cards to your basket and use the code 'EASTER3' for 3 euro off.

Works out at about 70 cent a point!

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/9995960.product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Just a heads up to anyone who wants to buy points, zavvi.co.uk are selling 4200 for £28.90. Add 2x 2100 pts cards to your basket and use the code 'EASTER3' for 3 euro off.

Works out at about 70 cent a point!

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/9995960.product

0.7 cent a point, if I'm not mistaken. :p

Also, thanks for the heads-up... got 2100 pts and Henry Hatsworth for £27.90.

bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

HMV currently have 2100MS points in a 2 for €40 deal. if you have a student discount you could get 4200MS points for €36, not bad at all

Advertisement