Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Shops

Options
  • 29-03-2009 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi

Can anyone let me know where I can access the internet around the city.

Whether by Internet Cafe / Free Wireless etc.

Also who would be the best Internet Provider around Galway.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

the Anno Santo Hotel in salthill has free wireless access if you're around the area.

There is also Internet cafe's near the Tourist information office by the bus depot, and at the bottom of Dominic street across from the Roisin dubh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

There's a small internet cafe in the mobile phone repair store above the joke shop in shop street where the first half hour is free. If all you need to do is check your email it's quite handy.

if you have your own laptop, port just off eyre square have free wifi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

You could try the Chat R Net cafe's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Free Wifi in the pub under the Meyrick hotel on eyre square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

Best ISP is NTL, with 20MB connection. Bad customer service yes but serious speeds with their (Cable) connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Krieg wrote: »
    Free Wifi in the pub under the Meyrick hotel on eyre square.

And McSwiggans, Massimos ... a few other pubs that I can't think of, plus quite a few of the coffee-shops etc

There is wi-fi "available" in a number of locations in the city, thanks to innocent souls who are unaware of their generosity. And the library even has a nicely-placed row of chairs with powerpoints behind them.

Re ISPs, depends if you want fixed or mobile. If you're living in a place without a phone line installed, mobile may be the only choice, and I think O2 is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Free Wifi in Foxes and the Forster Court Hotel(cant think of the name of the bar in there though)

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

The public library in town down beside the dole office has free wi-fi.
    Always handy as you don't actually have to buy anything in there like you feel you have to in pubs or cafes, plus it's lovely and quiet!!!!

Slow jo here has just noticed that Just Mary has already mentioned the library!!

Advertisement