Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you trust data stats?

Options
  • 29-03-2009 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I can't, I'm with digiweb - metro basic.

After the counter went tits up last time I decided to get a second opinion and installed BitMeter. The two don't often agree on how many bytes passed over the ether.

Downloadstats.jpg

Anyone else noticed this sort of difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I am noticing more.

It was 40.4GB yesterday. Its 44.3GB now. Last 24 hours says 2.6GB

Not right at all.

Does bitmeter run as a service?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i wouldn't trust either personally.

with two laptops, a wifi phone, 3 games console and a desktop PC< there's only one way to do it for me.

i have all my stats recorded by my router and since i know every byte of data passes through it, it's always accurate and as it backs the stats up to a share on my pc, i get to see all the historical data too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I suspect that the two systems don't exactly measure the same thing. I'm printing mytraffic.digiweb.ie graphs every night just before bed. We have many gadgets, server, 5 PCs, 5 to 7 laptops. I'd need a router based monitor to compare. I spotted a phantom middle of night video watcher that way once. Then the browser history revealed all.

Was he dressed all in purple and had a skull ring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

All in Black..

did he have six fingers on one hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

digiwebstatsagain.jpg

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback. We've used this and we think we've found and squished another bug with the data collection process. Should be OK now - thank you again!

cool, so does mike65 get some free credits for helping solve the problem? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heh! They reset the counters twice in recent months so they won't do it again!

Advertisement