Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oscail BA single module

Options
  • 29-03-2009 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to just do English modules with the oscail programme and come out with a BA in English? The Oscail website doesn't make this clear. It would work out cheaper if I only had to pay for the literature modules as opposed to doing history or sociology also, and I'm only really interested in the English degree.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Check out the info about how many credits each module is worth, that's where it's made clear - you wouldn't accumulate enough credits with just six Literature modules. It's 12 modules for a degree and they have guidelines about how those can be spread out (e.g. between 2-4 'level 1' modules, at least 5 modules in one subject). Maybe look at the Open University if all you want is a literature degree? But you still need to be prepared to pay for enough courses to merit the degree, if you know what I mean. :)

eta: Unless you've studied one of the other subjects as part of a degree already, in which case you could get some exemptions? You'd still need to take a couple of modules in other subjects though, they'll only allow a certain number of exempted modules.

Advertisement