Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else got any valuable games?

Options
  • 29-03-2009 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've just been looking on ebay and some of the games in my collection are worth quite a bit. Most valuable one seems to be Panzeer dragoon saga for Sega Saturn that i picked up new for 9.99punts ,they'res one on ebay at the mo and it's had 17 bids @ 114quid :)

Also alot of Dreamcast games i have are worth afair bit too.Is it worth hanging on to these,are they gona get more valuable as time passes?

What games have you got that are worth a lot of money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Perfect condition copies of FF7/8.

Couple of other ps1 games.

Threw out my C64 and Snes ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

creggy wrote: »

Bet they still don't have Valkyria Chronicles

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've got a mint copy of Suikoden 2. It's the PAL version which is even rarer than the NTSC version which goes for 200+ US dollars. It very rare and very sought after since it puts the final fantasy games to shame.

I've also got a PAL copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga as well but it's unboxed. I'd never sell it though, it's my favourite game ever.

I've all the PS1 final fantasy games including Final Fantasy Tactics. They are definitely not rare but highly sought after.

I've also got Vagrant Story, Front mission 3, Chrono Cross, Vandal Hearts, Lunar (unboxed) and Lunar 2 (with everything except the pendant) and promo copies of Vandal Hearts 2 and Castlevania symphony of the night.

I have 2 copies of xenogears but they aren't rare since ea and square decided to rerelease it :(

I wish I had a copy of tactics that worked on my ps1.

I have a very rare Versus Final Fantasy 7 strategy guide.

Its a little torn but a great read. Seen it going for 100s on Ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have a pal copy of star ocean the second story,suikoden 1 and 2,legend of kartina,vandal hearts 1 and 2,saga frontier,wildarms and grandia ff7,8,9.As you can I like my rpgs :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »

, Chrono Cross, Lunar (unboxed) and Lunar 2

were there pal copies of them released?or was it just ntsc?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just NTSC.

That PAL Star Ocean 2 is very rare.

Forgot I had Grandia, love that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Just NTSC.

That PAL Star Ocean 2 is very rare.

Forgot I had Grandia, love that game.

Don't you have that really gay Japanese shooter on the Saturn? I remember you posting about your Saturn collection and you mentioned it. I checked it on YouTube and was just.. WTF!?!?!

Anyway I would have rare titles if I was stupid when I was younger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

I have Limbo of the Lost. Worth 200 Euro last time I checked.

• Advertisement

Don't you have that really gay Japanese shooter on the Saturn? I remember you posting about your Saturn collection and you mentioned it. I checked it on YouTube and was just.. WTF!?!?!

Anyway I would have rare titles if I was stupid when I was younger

Cho Aniki? Yrp it's hilariously gay. I have it but, eh, don't own it if you know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Cho Aniki? Yrp it's hilariously gay. I have it but, eh, don't own it if you know what I mean.

Yep thats the game!!

Disturbing boss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

My claim is two copies of Tombi 1 and 2 for PS1,great and weird games.Also two Star Oceans for PS1.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not sure, will have to root about to see if anything is of value in the collection,
    I take it an unboxed copy of Super Mario Bros/Duckhunt isn't going to cut it?

I've got KulaWorld and Kurushi for the PS
    Also Castlevania SOTN complete for PS as well.
    I've got a ton of other stuff, I'll make a list and post it sometime, although maybe someone could tell me the type of stuff we're talking about?
    Is it the like of Steel Batallion?

Abything thats rare and worth a fortune on ebay really.

Would love to own the Tombi games they are execllent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ive a mint and bearly used Policenaughts (for saturn i think, maybe psx ha), complete with little hardback book. And a brand new sealed ff7.........dunno what they are worth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

radiant silvergun,street fighter zero 3,marvel super heroes,panzer dragoon saga(pal),dragon force (Pal),and an amiga accelorator card,030 blizzard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I've also got Vagrant Story

For the PS1? It's rare? Hmmm, I didn't realise that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I too have Vagrant Story somewhere, a mate gave it to me for nothin' so, happy days!
    I have a Virtual Boy with an almost complete US collection of games.
    I also have skullmonkeys, resident evil directors cut but I'm not sure if they are valuable really, just hard to find these days.

CCCP^ wrote: »
    For the PS1? It's rare? Hmmm, I didn't realise that.

most of the rpgs that came out on the ps1 are gonna be worth something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Lemme see. I have Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy 6,7,8 & 9, Galerians, Jade Cocoon and Parasite Eve, but Parasite Eve is NTSC. I have Resident Evil Director's Cut with the RE2 Demo. That's it really, everything else is stuff you could still get from Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

The only games I have that *may* be worth something are, Meta Galactic Llamas Battle At The Edge Of Time (good old Jeff Minter and his whacky titles for games) for the Vic20, an original cassette copy of Zaxxon for the C64 and an original Jelly Monsters Cart (excellent Pacman clone) for the Vic20.

I doubt very much they are worth anything though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Almost my entire collection is PS2 games, and the rarest would be...
    Klonoa 2?
    Ico (first print)?
    Gitaroo Man?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The only thing in my collection that might be slightly rare is Myst on the ps1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I have Grandia, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Castlevania SotN, Megaman x4 and Megaman x5 for the PS1. Have a perfectcopy of Jet Set Radio for the Dreamcast. Also Have Kevin Keegan's Player manager for the SNES but it's very primitive.

I think that all your copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga are actually worthless and as such you should cop on, put away such childish things, and give one of them to me, go on, you know it makes sense!

The thing is that games for the modern formats, PS/PS2/Xbox were published on such vast numbers that there really isn't any supply problem, they are out there, probably in attics across the land, not quite the same thing as an Ultra rare Nes competition cart, or a limited edition MSX, a difference reflected in the prices.

I mean, my Vectrex, 1983, beautiful device, retro as they come, only really sold for about a year before being discontinued, but because there were so many sold they have never become so rare as to be valuable, so you can get an unboxed example for about 100 euro or so, not too bad.
    Only some of the games have become obscenely pricey, the light pen, the games to go with it, some limited promo games and materials cost serious money.

I have Klonoa on the PS, a lovely jap copy of Pocket Fighter, it's gorgeous and seriously underated.

I also have grandia 2 but doubt its worth anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Got a few games that sell for highish prices on e bay but not sure how rare they are

SNES - Fully boxed Secret of Mana and Secret Of Evermore

Megadrive - Shining Force ( PAL )1 and 2

Gamecube - Metal Gear Twin Snake and Zelda Collectors Edition

Playstation 1 - FF 6,7,8,9 and the original Suidoken

Gameboy - Final Fantasy Legend 1,2 and 3

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Also Keio Flying Squadron 2 for the saturn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Warren3 wrote: »
    Gamecube - Metal Gear Twin Snake and Zelda Collectors Edition

have both myself, but wouldnt really consider them rare. both can still be both for under 40 dollars, even less in euro

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=twin%20snakes

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=31121

Advertisement