Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else got any valuable games?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

collectors, how much would you spend for some games?

Take for instance Suikoden II. Would you pay 83e for this?

I'd find it hard to pay that with a CFW psp :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well Suikoden 2 is an awesome game. I spent 80 euros on Xenogears which wasn't as good as the hype suggested but suikoden 2, I'd gladly pay 80+ euros on. Anyway you'll probably get way more than 80 for a mint pal version.

I think a lot of games from the PS1 era and onwards suffer from Radiant Silvergun syndrome. Radiant Silvergun is far from rare but the massive demand for it drives prices up. It's the only reason to explain the silly prices going for FFVII (sometimes going for prices that match true rarities like Suikoden 2) and other square games despite it being one of the best selling games of all time.

Most of the real rarities are from before this era when a small company could survive with a limited print run in a limited area, especially japan.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well Suikoden 2 is an awesome game. I spent 80 euros on Xenogears which wasn't as good as the hype suggested but suikoden 2, I'd gladly pay 80+ euros on. Anyway you'll probably get way more than 80 for a mint pal version.

I got to say i am tempted. Just 80e is still a lot of cash.

EDIT: Might actually buy this considering i think its probably one of the best RPGs i played. A lot of money though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got to say i am tempted. Just 80e is still a lot of cash.

EDIT: Might actually buy this considering i think its probably one of the best RPGs i played. A lot of money though

heh I payed 80+ for both suikoden 2 and star ocean the second story.twas worth it.where you thinking of buying it from?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

legend of legaia, not too valuable, saw one on ebay with an asking of 100 and others with 25. have grandia too but there are loads floating around. Have a copy of Secret of Mana too somewhere. Think i had vandal hearts with the suikoden 2 demo but gave it away. not sure though

• Advertisement

heh I payed 80+ for both suikoden 2 and star ocean the second story.twas worth it.where you thinking of buying it from?

I ended up buying it off ebay from a guy with really good feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

My mother threw all of mine out, including my handheld games (double screen donkey kong and more) e.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Have a perfectcopy of Jet Set Radio for the Dreamcast.

I had a sealed copy of this. But I opened it :/ No point in having a sealed copy though, you have to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

I don't have anything too valuable. I have FF7, 8 and 9 and Metal Gear Solid from the Ps1 but theres probably loads of them around.

One thing im looking for on ebay at the moment is a copy of Metal Gear Solid 3 substance. It has a movable first person camera and a 3 hour edited together cut scene dvd to make a movie. I'd love to get hold of it, one of my favourite games! I saw it so many times in the shops back 2-3 years ago but never got it cos i already had snake eater!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I have a near mint condition of both Shenmue games on the Dreamcast, which i thought were worth a fair bit, but they are actually cheap enough on ebay. Never gonna sell them though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I too have Keio Flying Squadron 2 for the Saturn, and Keio Flying Squadron for the MegaCD, is that worth anything?

Edit to this post,
    Just looked on eBay and they are looking for $189.95 for Keio Flying Squadron!
    I guess that I have a valuable game after all!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I also have a copy of the legend of dragoon for the ps1,I cant finish it though due to it crashes on me just as im about to kill the final boss :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I too have Keio Flying Squadron 2 for the Saturn, and Keio Flying Squadron for the MegaCD, is that worth anything?

If it's the PAL version of KFS it's worth a small fortune, one of the best and rarest games on the M-CD. KFS 2 was only japanese iirc and was quite common but fetches a decent price.
    I also have a copy of the legend of dragoon for the ps1,I cant finish it though due to it crashes on me just as im about to kill the final boss

It's not rare at all and also not very sought after because it's fucking awful. I want the 60 hours of my life back that I wasted on that generic, badly written, boring but pretty game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I had a BBC micro when I was young, the only game I can remember owning for it was Labyrinth. (I think that was the name of it) read somewhere a micro was worth money and remembered it more or less worked only for a few keys on the keyboard. So I go back to the home house only to find me ma had only just binned it a few weeks earlier. :(

Retr0gamer wrote: »

It's not rare at all and also not very sought after because it's fucking awful. I want the 60 hours of my life back that I wasted on that generic, badly written, boring but pretty game.

It was extremly hard to level up in too.

The place with the sandworms is good to level up because you can read a book while doing it. I spent hours there to try and beat the secret bosses, failed miserably, realised I hated the game and just finished it to make sure I got it out of the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭ColonelCarnage

I have the original tetris and super mario bros. game on the gameboy which go for about 5 euros each (not as rare as I thought)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Well, tetris was packaged with nearly all gameboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Virtual Boy and a load of games I bought in Japan (brand new!) from a guy who had a crate of them squirreled away in a warehouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

i know its not a game,but recently i acquired an 040 accelerator for my A1200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I dont really know what games i would have as considered Rare/Valuable , i could try list some that i may think:

- Jet Set Radio (Dreamcast)
    - Virtual On (Saturn)
    - Guardian Heros (Saturn)
    - Fighting Vipers (Saturn)
    - King of Fighters 97 (Saturn) required special cartridge to function
    - Last Bronx (Saturn)
    - Saturn Bomberman (Saturn duh)

As you can see, mainly fighting titles. Have the pile of Saturn games in the room so i checked but cant remember some of the Dreamcast titles i have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

guardian heroes although not rare still commands prices of 40+,saturn bomberman would too if its pal,king of fighters 97 woundnt really need a special cart,an action replay or some mb cart would do,kof 95 needed its own cart since it was an rom cart,it was released in pal/jap versions,im lucky to have the uk version

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Bought Metal Slug AES ( MVS conversion ) for the neo geo. Not as valuable as the real deal but still goes for a fair few quid

Advertisement