Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunboyne road traffic chaos caused by fun runners

Options
  • 29-03-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

firstly i've nothing against "fun runners" per say but i felt this years run was very badly organised from a traffic management prepective. I'm originally from the village and I still pass through it regularly to visit relations and commute to work. If i'd seen signage up warning me of the race and the times the roads would be closed i'd have avoided the village. The organising committee obviously have no consideration for the other residents of the village or people just trying to get to their destination. Years ago dunboyne was a greatplace for a road race but now that it is a suburb of dublin, its crazy. I was an hour late for work today, I should bill the running club for my lost wages and holidays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

If i'd seen signage up warning me of the race

I've nothing to do with the race organisation but passing on the N3 and I did see signs up about it. Not that many in fairness but they were visible.

Sorry for your trouble all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Ah, if only GTA was real life... foot down and drive straight through them... i feel your pain.

Come to think of it, this would be a very bad idea as some muppet would propably organize a fun run in aid of those who got flatted by my car!

:D:D:D

Advertisement