Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pregnancy book

• 29-03-2009 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend a good pregnancy book that will give you all the info needed and tell you what to expect?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Personally I used 'What to expect when you are expecting'......I found it very useful and broke everything up into monthly sections.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth - Kaz Cooke is pretty good.

Not as technical as what to expect when you are expecting but freaks less people out;)

The blokes guide to pregnancy is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth - Kaz Cooke is pretty good.

Not as technical as what to expect when you are expecting but freaks less people out;)

I have that one too. Very good and not as scary as some of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭SanFran07

The Better Birth Book - Tracy Donegan (me :D) for an Irish perspecitive on birth choices in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Collins Pregnancy Week by Week Dr Jane Mac Dougall ISBN 413001-4

Try get it through the book club it works out cheaper or chapters

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collins-Pregnancy-Week-Jane-McDougall/dp/0004130014/ref

Hope the link works. Its cheap here

Its a brilliant book its on front of me now I constantly refere to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

We have 'one' of several books that Dr Miriam Stoppard currently has out . . .

Very good, very informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wifey

Your Pregnancy Week by Week is great, it's by Practical Parenting. Highly reccommend. There is also a follow up book, your baby month by month ( I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭KittenCaboodle

I've ordered this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Pregnancy-Bible-Experts-Parenthood/dp/1904760643/ref=pd_sim_b_4

Your Pregnancy Bible.

It has excellent reviews and being a Science-y person I like to know all the details! Apparently it has a good section for fathers in it too

41%2BOwxV5c5L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Advertisement