Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys Modem Trouble

Options
  • 29-03-2009 4:53pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey guys, Im on Eircom Broadband and my Netopia router eventually gave up after 3 years of it working perfectly, rarely ever had a second downtime with it. I decided to buy a Linksys WAG54G2 Wireless ADSL2+ Gateway Modem. I heard these were good modems, however Ive had nothing but trouble with it since I bought it 4 weeks ago. The Internet is constantly dropping, maybe 3 to 4 times a day maybe more sometimes. This often requires a restart of the modem and computer and then the internet is back on for a while before it go's again. It's on Firmware Version:V1.00.10, I havent managed to find any further firmware updates for it.

Also there seems to be a lack of information in the modem router page. Ive never been able to find my lines statistics through it like line authenuation, noise etc etc. Status>dsl information and nowhere in the administration section seems to show me any of the information that my netopia modem used to show.

Is my modem screwed or is thre anything i can do to make it stable?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Gonzo wrote: »
    hey guys, Im on Eircom Broadband and my Netopia router eventually gave up after 3 years of it working perfectly, rarely ever had a second downtime with it. I decided to buy a Linksys WAG54G2 Wireless ADSL2+ Gateway Modem. I heard these were good modems, however Ive had nothing but trouble with it since I bought it 4 weeks ago. The Internet is constantly dropping, maybe 3 to 4 times a day maybe more sometimes. This often requires a restart of the modem and computer and then the internet is back on for a while before it go's again. It's on Firmware Version:V1.00.10, I havent managed to find any further firmware updates for it.

Also there seems to be a lack of information in the modem router page. Ive never been able to find my lines statistics through it like line authenuation, noise etc etc. Status>dsl information and nowhere in the administration section seems to show me any of the information that my netopia modem used to show.

Is my modem screwed or is thre anything i can do to make it stable?

You sometimes can't. A lot of Linksys modems have a hidden page with more detailed stats.

After the routers IP put "setup.cgi?next_file=adsl_driver.htm" and see if it has that page.

Advertisement